S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Spoon style front bumper with with J's style front fenders

Old 08-29-2017, 11:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Spoon style front bumper with with J's style front fenders

Hello. I've been searching all over and can't find any pics or information regarding a Spoon style front bumper, with J's front fenders. Part of the problem may be my work intranet. It does a fine job of blocking out most sites and pics. Anyway, does anyone know if this set up will work? Is there a transition piece that brings these two together seamlessly. I know I want a spoon style front bumper, but I also want it to fit well with whatever fenders I opt to put on. And honestly, I like the J's style fenders more than the spoon. So I'd love to hear that these two work, or see pics if anyone has some.

​​​​​​​Any insight is appreciated.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Both of these have J's fenders and Spoon front bumpers.
Well Balanced // Karl Johnston's S2000 | StanceNation™ // Form > Function
Doing it for a Thrill // Minh Le's S2000 | StanceNation™ // Form > Function

However both front bumpers have been widened to meet the fenders. There may be a way to make the pieces J's makes for the OEM bumper work on the spoon bumper but it will require some work.
The following users liked this post:
Rekka (05-30-2018)
Old 08-29-2017, 06:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^Thanks. Much appreciated. Those definitely look as sharp as I had imagined. I just need to figure out if there's a transitional mold piece that can be made to work, like with other bumper fender pairings. I don't know of a shop near me that would be willing to do that, let alone capable. I imagine it would cost a small fortune as well. If anyone has tips on making this easy, or whether or not one of the transitional pieces you add to merge the bumper with the fender in the forward wheel well area will work, please let me know.

I really want this set up. But I can't see myself pulling the trigger if there's not a piece that would pull them together.