S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Wide rear quarter panels + bumper

Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide rear quarter panels + bumper

Hi S2Ki community. Thanks for every support you gave me throughout the years, I am now owner of a beautiful '09 S2k you can see in the picture below.
I'm ready to tune my car and one of the item would be Brembo GT front and rear brakes 'cause I'm not satisfied with the OEM braking force. Brembo's front calipers have 6 pistons so an 18 inches wheel and more room is needed. That's why I have ordered Downforce front fenders which are really clean and smooth 'cause I want to preserve the original lines of the exterior. Since I hate rivets I am looking for wide rear quarter panels and a rear bumper that fits them perfectly but I didn't find any in the market. Could you please suggest me some companies? If there aren't any on the market could you please suggest some rear over fenders that don't look like plastic trash riveted on my sweet s2k? And.. of course every suggestion is welcome.
Thanks
A.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:37 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

As far as I know no 'weld-in' rear overfenders exist, they are all 'rivet-in' style. If you really can't live with the rivets, what you can do is have a body shop mould the overfenders to the quarter panel. I don't know what the exact best way is to do this, but I would imagine just riveting the overfenders on like normal first, and then filling the dimples where the rivets go and the seam between the overfender and quarter panel with bondo and smooth everything out.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:24 AM

Thanks Scigheras
Old 09-07-2018, 05:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a body shop use 3M auto adhesive bond to mold Civic EK fenders as overfenders after being very unsatisfied with the look of the bolt-on overfenders. The bumper was then heated lightly and massaged to follow the curve of new rear quarters.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:30 PM

I have the answer: pulled/rolled rear panels. Such as this car CarsHype.com | Never Give Up | Ducky’s S2000. . I have to find the right shop in Italy but it is the solution I want. The car in the link has pulled/rolled + metal extended rear panels. What do you think?
Thanks again S2ki