S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

07-08 Acura TL Type S 4 pot brembo on s2k?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07-08 Acura TL Type S 4 pot brembo on s2k?

Hey all, I was stuck in traffic yesterday and looked over to my left to see a 08 TL with oem 4 pot brembo callipers. Our rotor diameters and thickness are virtually the same. Why has nobody done this conversion to an S2000? Way more affordable than Spoon callipers or a BBK and i've heard that the bracket bolts unto the s2000 knuckle.

I've been looking everywhere online to find an s2000 with this but to no avail.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I think there is a V6 accord brake caliper swap thread around here with tons of info, maybe that will kinda help....Here you go

Just to get an idea Good luck!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
I think there is a V6 accord brake caliper swap thread around here with tons of info, maybe that will kinda help....Here you go

This really doesn't answer the question about the TL calliper since the designs are nothing alike. 8th gen civic owners can do the swap but have to drill the bolt holes on the bracket a couple mm bigger to make it fit. No shims, req. They're recommended to use s2000 rotors too.

Any insight to the OP would be much appreciated
Old 10-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

it looks like fastbrakes.com used to sell a kit https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/463...ura-tl-type-s/

Putting the TL-S calipers on stock sized rotors seems pointless to me (just like the Spoon calipers), if you're going to upgrade your caliper you might as well spend a bit more and get a bigger rotor in there
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
it looks like fastbrakes.com used to sell a kit https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/463...ura-tl-type-s/

Putting the TL-S calipers on stock sized rotors seems pointless to me (just like the Spoon calipers), if you're going to upgrade your caliper you might as well spend a bit more and get a bigger rotor in there
The bigger calliper has greater heat capacity, prolonging fade, as well as helping to prevent overheating of the disc/cracking/warping due to spreading the pressure more evenly across the surface. A mono block calliper also flexes less. There are several advantages to going this route, the best one being cost. buying a used set of these on average cost $400 vs $1500 for a stop tech kit, I agree that buying Spoon callipers is a waste simply because of the cost, but for 400 bucks its a definite upgrade. Ultimately tires are the biggest factor on how fast you come to a stop not your brakes, Ive seen Carbotec pads bend around the piston on the stock s2000 calliper, these would ensure that doesn't happen, ruining expensive track pads isn't very economical

I saw the thread you linked here, however there is no real useful info in there. the link to the fast brakes site doesn't work, and navigating their site is just coming up with blank pages for me.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 AM

Reapur the TL's wont work on the S2K for the simple fact that the pistons are staggered incorrectly for our vehicles. The brakes on the TL-S are mounted towards the front of the rotor while the S2000's callipers are rear mounted.

A larger diameter piston should always follow the smaller piston. If you were to use TL-S Calipers, you would have uneven pad wear since the stagger would be flipped on our vehicles.

You should also remember that the rotor diameters are not equivalent. S2000 = 300 mm while TL-S = 310 mm if I remember correctly. Furthermore, the offset of the TL-S Rotor hat is very different from the S2000 rotor.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Reapur
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1319408917' post='21094482

This really doesn't answer the question about the TL calliper since the designs are nothing alike. 8th gen civic owners can do the swap but have to drill the bolt holes on the bracket a couple mm bigger to make it fit. No shims, req. They're recommended to use s2000 rotors too.

Any insight to the OP would be much appreciated
Oops I thought the answer was in that thread,here's what I was meaning to post My link.Also, the first link was to show you that the Acura CL brake caliper is direct bolt on(only modification is cutting the dust shield) and to check out the measurements, I hope you understood the information provided and didnt think I was wasting time; Searching isnt too hard, you just have to understand what it is your looking for; this isnt a 8th gen civic, dont treat it like one And no it wont work, the only cheap way is to do the V6/CL swap
Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM

My good friend has an Acura CL with the Nisin calipers. He has a lot of brake warp from the car. He replaced rotors 3 times with pads all three times and still has the same problem. Now he's looking into NSX calipers. I like the idea of the TL Brembo calipers but someone would need to do a DIY. Will they clear stock AP2 rims?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by omairtheman1
My good friend has an Acura CL with the Nisin calipers. He has a lot of brake warp from the car. He replaced rotors 3 times with pads all three times and still has the same problem. Now he's looking into NSX calipers. I like the idea of the TL Brembo calipers but someone would need to do a DIY. Will they clear stock AP2 rims?
You'll have to get custom brackets for them to fit and no stock rims wont clear unless you get spacers, but idk what size
Old 10-28-2011, 05:04 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I like this idea. Is there an oem upgrade for accord or tsx caliper that would fit?

Quick Reply: 07-08 Acura TL Type S 4 pot brembo on s2k?