S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Adjusting front Caster and rear camber

Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Adjusting front Caster and rear camber

I was doing an alignment today and had a few issues. I couldn't get camber in spec in the rear. I came pretty close, but every time I would adjust toe afterwards, camber would go off. I tried putting camber out of spec, hoping that when adjusting toe, it would fall in. But it didn't work. I'm sure I could have gotten it if I had more time to play with it. My REAL problem was with front caster. I've only done a few alignments so I'm not the greatest yet. I don't understand how to adjust caster. The picture points to 2 nuts that are on top each other (one was 24mm other I think was 17mm). Which one do I use to adjust it and exactly how do I do so? I loosened and tightened both in every combination I could think of and couldn't get the caster to move even a tenth of a degree.

Here is the picture I speak of

Here is a printout of the work:
Old 02-10-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember caster is not a live reading. as far as alignment rear camber,rear toe, front camber/caster worst side, front camber/caster best side, then front toe.

Trying to make it out of spec and bringing it in with toe is the wrong idea. One angle effects another angle you would have to move both literally at the same time if you wanted to achieve no movement. Ive done plenty of alignments before so I know what Im doing and talking about. check to see if all items are tight. Make sure nothing is worn. as far as the sheet goes, i would aim for more preferred spec then manufacturer. remember 1/8th toe (out of spec) will drag a tire as if it was 28 feet wide. also having rear toe alignment not set dead even will cause tires to wear and also your vehicle to lead and eventually when it worsens pull to a side. remember you have to adjust for road crown as well. camber always pulls to the positive side and caster to the negative side.