S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Alignment for dd/track car HELP!!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Alignment for dd/track car HELP!!!!

So i have been searching the threads for alignment specs also robrobinette.com but all i seem to find is ap1 alignment specs and i need ap2. Im pretty sure uk alignment specs will not work as to the differences in the ap1 to ap2 suspension. Thus far i have changed front upper and lower arms with hardrace rollcenter balljoints and tie rod ends in the rear i have changed the lower control arms there are 2 btw, roll center buddyclub roll center balljoints for the rear and hardrace upperarm camber kit. Also all new alignment bolts form honda. Also on ksport coilovers. i got 1 alignment thus far and i went -0.5 front camber, 5.9 degrees front caster, 0.00 front toe, -1.9 rear camber, 0.26 total toe .12 leftside .14 rightside. it feels ok in the corners but in the straights its dosent feel stable. im not concerned with tire ware and just want to get the car riding good again. at 100 mph fees like it dosent want to go straight and have to fight it to stay straight. Please help theres another track day this weekend and would love to have it dialed in.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM

I just had mine done. Mine is a daily/track car, so ymmv on what you're trying to do. -2.8 camber all around, 6.5 caster and 0 toe in front, .34 total toe (split evenly side to side) in the rear. Hope that helps.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:28 PM

so 2.8 neg camber in the front as well?
how dose it feel in the straights and in turns?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

What size/type of tyres and what size wheels?

There's so much done to this car....have you tracked it stock yet?

What did you like and dislike? There's different ways to dial in or our certain behaviours.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:49 PM

They are oem cr wheels 17x7 55mm front, 17x8.5 rear not sure the offset. 215/45r17 front w rated sumitomo 245/40r17 rear w rated as welli havent taken it to the track yet i live in a very rural area now and there are some nice dead end roads i have found that have no traffic so i have been just testing it out. I was going to try and make it to the track this weekend if i can get it dialed in. it handles fine in turns but crusing on the highway it seems to veer left and right and when hitting high speeds it dosent feel stable. and the rear feels less stable at those speeds as well. when i bought it it had the ksport coilovers already but that was it. so i never really got to drive mine stock. i do know the alignment spect are different in ap2. but all i seem to find ap1 or uk alignment specs.

Last edited by johnneywin; 03-15-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:22 PM

I thought I read in your first post that you were running non staggered. My mistake. My setup is on 255 square, so it might not work with a staggered setup. For me, my setup is stable and I can induce some predictable oversteer. Overall feels pretty great so far.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:29 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

With so many changes, chasing down the cause will take some time. There is nothing inherent in your alignment specs that make me think it's the cause.

Have you every driven the car when it handled the way you wanted?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Have you had the car aligned at all after making all those changes?

Start with a plain jane stock alignment. Pay special attention to toe specs being back to stock.

If your camber cannot be returned to stock...get it as close as possible.

I wouldn't use the typical -3 deg of camber on a staggered setup with Sumitumos...which are likely just max perf street tyres.

People using -2.8 to -3.x usually have non stag setups with 255 EP track/street or track only tyres.

You're not going to be able to cut and paste an alignment from the internet.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:54 AM

the main reason i changed all the parts was due to the bushings being wornout in the suspension added with all the alignment bolts being fuzed to the the metal collar in the bushings thus i could never align it. I have went and gotten a stock alignment for the car as a base to start only i added .4 more neg camber in the rear after i changed the suspension parts. so the alignment specs are basically stock. i has supersports before the sumitomo and suprisingly enough it handled better with the worn out suspension. i wish i had those alignment specs before i changed the suspension. I was wondering if it could be the rear rollcenter balljoints but i think it is sufficiently lowered and shouldnt cause the issue im feeling. you can see the fitment. and my buddy tracks his gto on sumitomo all the time and says the work fine and $400 for all 4 mount and balance i cant beat that price.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

So you adjusted your rear camber after you got the car aligned? Trying to understand what may be the culprit. If so, depending on how you aligned those upper camber joints in on the rear, you will likely be effecting your rear toe inadvertently when making camber changes, you do in stock config anyway, but adding another avenue to correct camber just adds to that either more or less or the same, again depending on your placement of the new camber joints.

Quick Reply: Alignment for dd/track car HELP!!!!