S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Avenue performance coilovers? Any reviews?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avenue performance coilovers? Any reviews?

Hey guys I just ordered some steering a wheels for me and the wife from avenue performance and I love the quality of the wheels, while I was on the website I noticed they also make coilovers as well, I could not find any reviews about them on an s2000 I found one good review on an s13, and a bunch of threads where the person asking the question is getting no information beside comments saying "they $600 they must be crap" fan boys, they are 32way dampening adjustable, 10kg/mm spring rates front and rear, and look built well, they also come with a 1 year warranty from any defects, and before anyone starts going crazy saying "$600 for a set they must be crappy" price is not always the case I've been in the import scene for a long long time and have run many different coilovers from different companies on different cars and lemme tell you I've been surprised by and just as happy with some of the lower priced coils vs the higher priced ones, so with that said, has anyone had experience with these?

Seriously thinking about getting these, thanks for your input guys
Old 09-16-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I am one of the "they $600 they must be crap" fan boys...so my verdict is they are crap. You get what you pay for!! Save your money, get a quality suspension setup. It's really hard to beat the performance of the OEM suspension on this car. They are not 32way...they are 1 way (rebound only) with 32 possible adjustment settings.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

You're expecting 32 position valve adjustment to work for $600?

They're likely re-branded function forms or something similar. What coilover systems have you tried that you believe that it is possible to manufacture a 32 position, full body adjustable coilover that even rides as well as stock (forget about an actual handling improvement)?

The stock S2000 shocks are montotubes with external reservoirs and very good damping. For $600, you believe they can improve upon that as well?

They likely get good feedback from the S13 community because the stock S13 suspension is made from old noodles that someone from Nissan picked out of the garbage dump. And if they're on original shocks....they would have been 21 years old at the newest (26 years old at the oldest). Legal drinking age shocks. Not *shocking* why some shitbag coilovers that got them "hella low bro" would get good reviews. I used to own a S13, BTW. And no, I did not have $600 coilovers. I just know how bad the stock suspension sucks. I also know the "tastes" of S13 drivers. When someone says "these ride decent", a ride in their car would prove that "decent" has a VERY loose meaning.

Think about what you're doing. You're replacing a very well calibrated stock suspension with some garbage. There are coilovers that cost twice that amount that are not an improvement from stock in terms of anything.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

And yes...I've ridden on and been unfortunate enough to buy car equipped with $600 coilovers that were probably sold because they promised the world to the poor sucker that wasted his hard earned money on them.

I'd rather leave $600 on the sidewalk than go through the trouble of installation.

Not to say you cannot get a budget coilover that does well. But usually, the good ones sacrifice features like 7billion way damper adjustments, fully body adjustment, etc for actual quality and features that are useful on the street. Tein SA's are a nice budget setup, for example. But still not an improvement from stock if we're talking S2000s.

The only real budget setups that I can think of as being parallel or improving over stock S2000 stuff would be maybe Bilsten PSS or KW ST STX. But they're very basic...and the stock suspension may still be better or the same if we're considering actual performance.

Hard to improve on stock when stock is so damn good.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:46 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
You're replacing a very well calibrated stock suspension with some garbage.
Absolutely this...this should be a sticky!