S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

BC Racing BR Coilovers Review

Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

standard spring rate for our staggered wheels is lower spring rate in front than back. you see this with the oem setup and almost all aftermarket coilverover setups.

but typically, if you go with a non-staggered wheel setup, you want even spring rates or a higher rate in front. you see this with the tien src and hks.

of course, everything can change depending on your driving preference and the rest of your suspension setup like sway bars.

you can switch the springs, but note that the front and rear springs are different lengths so you'll end up with a different level of available spring compression.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

My came 10k/10k a little under 2 years ago. At the time they were advertised as 12k/10k. Here is the email I received from BC Racing:

We get a lot of feedback from our customers and vendors so every now and then we will change something, for instance the spring rates. So I apologize that the vendor was not updated on this change. The damper is valved for the 10k spring however you can go up or down 2k without having the damper revalved. If you have not installed them I can take your billing info and send you the 12k springs with a return label. Just send back the 10k springs in the same box and we wont charge anything for it.
Thanks
Mike
Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice review. I wasn't considering these coil overs until now. I need to freshen up my 95k OEM shocks, and was leaning towards saving for the KW V3s, but I am still a track noob, so maybe these BC coils will do the trick until I have more track experience. Hmmm, or maybe just KW V1.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review I'm considering these right now. If you don't mind me asking, could you point me in the direction you bought these and how much? You can pm me if you want.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:23 PM

After reading all the review and specially on this forum, I went and ordered a set.
Hopefully, it's will be arrive sometime next week.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:33 PM

where did you order yours? im interested in these BC's and want to know more about them?

no clunking, dumping or any weird noises from the coilover (tophat especially) while driving right?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased my S with the BCR coilovers so I can't comment on the ride over stock, but I had someone that does race comment that they seemed like a good compromise between street/track. Mine have the 10/12 springs and I run max damping. The ride is good and no clunks, squeaks or other sounds.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 PM

if you have a staggered setup would you guys recommednd 10k front and 12k rear? or 10k 10k. i have 255 rears and 225 fronts, +45 all the way around. i would like to get the best setup for my dd. as you say they are very great on the ride, and the gf thing is a big plus too. lol. i do not ever track, but i do some back driving alot in my area. how much stiffer then stock do these go? what is the ride like on the softest setting?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RealStreet
I have the same ones in my car. Love them. What settings are you using for daily driving?
Full soft for the street. Love the soft/planted ride. Not bouncy to me.

Originally Posted by s2krazyyy
Do these come in 12k springs front and 10k springs rear? or 10k front and 12k rear?
Honestly I forget what springs come stock. They're valved for 10k and you can go +/- 2k without a revalve.

Originally Posted by datbird
Does anyone know why it came 10k front and 12k rear. Should it be the other way around. I plan to order a set but confuse of the spring rate setting. Any advices? Thanks
In Japan, they like the stiff rear setup to induce oversteer. They have much smaller racetracks then we do and they love to rotate the car more. Plus most of them have a stiff front sway bar to tame the oversteer.

Originally Posted by RicerAP1
Thanks for the review I'm considering these right now. If you don't mind me asking, could you point me in the direction you bought these and how much? You can pm me if you want.
Go to http://bcracing-na.com/contact.php. Contact them directly for custom orders and let them know I sent ya! Tony Sutherland.

Originally Posted by caleb2483
where did you order yours? im interested in these BC's and want to know more about them?

no clunking, dumping or any weird noises from the coilover (tophat especially) while driving right?
See above for where to order. Thats another thing I forgot to mention, no noises whatsoever. I wish my Saner FSB was as quiet

Originally Posted by hypforlife32
if you have a staggered setup would you guys recommednd 10k front and 12k rear? or 10k 10k. i have 255 rears and 225 fronts, +45 all the way around. i would like to get the best setup for my dd. as you say they are very great on the ride, and the gf thing is a big plus too. lol. i do not ever track, but i do some back driving alot in my area. how much stiffer then stock do these go? what is the ride like on the softest setting?
If you have a stiff front sway bar, get non staggered springs. If you don't, get the 12k front 10k rear, this will tame the snap oversteer some.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:35 PM

great write up, wasnt too familiar with the brand but glad to see they make a quality product!

Quick Reply: BC Racing BR Coilovers Review