S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Bigger brake kit

Old 09-15-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bullwings i do not now were you get your info but that is bullshit that the bbk pads cost lower that oem pads i can get pads for oem calipers for 30 dollars nissin brand that is the same has oem and a generic one for 20 dollars you can't have that type of options on bbk and the same pads that are for bbk and on oem size the oem size cost lower much lower 40 to 50 lower that bbk last like i said again the only bbk that is cost effective is the urge/ap racing one and by the way stoptech is Chinese made
Old 09-15-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

I get my info from my own personal running costs. I ran my car on OEM brakes for 25+ track days for 2 years. I upgraded to the stoptech kit and now have 10+ days on it. I have at least 40-45 track days worth of time on this car starting from a 100% OEM configuration.

Carbotech Pads XP10s for the OEM front caliper = $200
http://autoplicity.com/451497-carbot...JMcaApX78P8HAQ

Carbotech Pads XP10s for the OEM front caliper = $215
http://autoplicity.com/451404-carbotech-xp10-brake-pads

However. The advantage is that with a BBK, I can run a less aggressive compound on the track. I ended up using the Project Mu HC800+ = $178
https://thmotorsports.com/project-mu.../i-579688.aspx

My average pad life with the OEM caliper and rotors was 3 or 4 track days. This is forced by a critical break failure, rotor cracking after a track session, and the pad down to the backing plate. The wear of the pads increases exponentially during the last 40% of pad life (likely due to decreased thermal capacity).

My current pad life and rotor life on the StopTech kit is going on over 11+ track days and has only used about 35-40% of the pad (or 60-65% pad life remaining). The rotors look fine too.

Anyway, my own results are backed by my own running costs. You can believe whatever you want to believe and say i'm bullshit. That's fine, my wallet says otherwise. As for your $30 dollar nissin OEM calipers - no one wants them because they already have the set that their car came with.

As for pads, the only OEM pads worthy of real track use all cost $150+.
-Hawk DTC-60/70
-Carbotech XP12/10
-Winmax W5
-Project Mu Clubracer or 999 (maybe HC800, but they won't last long)
-PFC97
-Raybestos ST-43
-Ferrodo DS3000

Also, as for your made in China crap. I don't care. Made in China is fine... It's not engineered in China. The Chinese are excellent at replication and manufacturing other people's products/designs, whether given permission or not. What they suck at is coming up with an original design.

-iPhone (all of them) = made in china
-Galaxy phones = made in china
-nexus phones = made in china
-LG phones = made in china
All of these products were engineered in the US or Korea

So, if you know so much about BBKs, what BBK are you running? I'm documenting my own personal experience, expenses, and use here (which is bullshit, according to you). What are you basing your opinions/facts on?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

Lol. Why does every question turn into "this is what you do for the track", followed by a bunch of squabbling?

OP doesn't plan to track the car. Idk why the eff he would ask about bigger brakes for street use unless it was just for looks.

He's probably not coming back. All the track info isn't relevant to this thread.

Here are the cliffs for any poor soul who stumbles upon this thread:

If you don't think that a BBK will save time and (eventually) cost for track use, then you are on crack.

If you think that a stock powered, street tyre S2000 cannot be tracked without a BBK, then you are also on crack.

If you think you *need* a BBK on the street, you are on a lot of crack...even if you drive like you're trying to get to your crack dealer and are currently coming down from your crack binge, the stock brakes with upgraded pads are fine.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
I get my info from my own personal running costs. I ran my car on OEM brakes for 25+ track days for 2 years. I upgraded to the stoptech kit and now have 10+ days on it. I have at least 40-45 track days worth of time on this car starting from a 100% OEM configuration.

Carbotech Pads XP10s for the OEM front caliper = $200
http://autoplicity.com/451497-carbot...JMcaApX78P8HAQ

Carbotech Pads XP10s for the OEM front caliper = $215
http://autoplicity.com/451404-carbotech-xp10-brake-pads

However. The advantage is that with a BBK, I can run a less aggressive compound on the track. I ended up using the Project Mu HC800+ = $178
https://thmotorsports.com/project-mu.../i-579688.aspx

My average pad life with the OEM caliper and rotors was 3 or 4 track days. This is forced by a critical break failure, rotor cracking after a track session, and the pad down to the backing plate. The wear of the pads increases exponentially during the last 40% of pad life (likely due to decreased thermal capacity).

My current pad life and rotor life on the StopTech kit is going on over 11+ track days and has only used about 35-40% of the pad (or 60-65% pad life remaining). The rotors look fine too.

Anyway, my own results are backed by my own running costs. You can believe whatever you want to believe and say i'm bullshit. That's fine, my wallet says otherwise. As for your $30 dollar nissin OEM calipers - no one wants them because they already have the set that their car came with.

As for pads, the only OEM pads worthy of real track use all cost $150+.
-Hawk DTC-60/70
-Carbotech XP12/10
-Winmax W5
-Project Mu Clubracer or 999 (maybe HC800, but they won't last long)
-PFC97
-Raybestos ST-43
-Ferrodo DS3000

Also, as for your made in China crap. I don't care. Made in China is fine... It's not engineered in China. The Chinese are excellent at replication and manufacturing other people's products/designs, whether given permission or not. What they suck at is coming up with an original design.

-iPhone (all of them) = made in china
-Galaxy phones = made in china
-nexus phones = made in china
-LG phones = made in china
All of these products were engineered in the US or Korea

So, if you know so much about BBKs, what BBK are you running? I'm documenting my own personal experience, expenses, and use here (which is bullshit, according to you). What are you basing your opinions/facts on?
Is ok with me is you have a great Chinese bbk and you are proud for that the problema is you don't let other people coment on different opinions from different ideas
Old 09-15-2016, 04:14 PM

And do a favor went compare do it equal for 200 i run project mu hc+ 800 front and rear
Old 09-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by leo777
Is ok with me is you have a great Chinese bbk and you are proud for that the problema is you don't let other people coment on different opinions from different ideas
What is with you people with bbk for track they only help with cosmetic they have dust boot that is bad on track the pads are really pricey and not to much aftermarket suppor the replace ring pricey everything is expensive on bbk the only advantage a see is the unsprug weight and the only kit cost efective on the market is the ap racing that sale urge you want to stop better buy good tires and good brake pads and use a good brake fluid like castrol srf
It's probably a difference of communication in language, but you tend to use way too many absolutes, which itself does not allow for a difference of opinions... By the way, you're the one calling me out on "bullshit". Don't see how you're allowing for any different opinions.

I'm also fairly certain that I have limited (if any) use of absolutes. FYI absolutes = "only" "always" "best" "worst" "never" etc. etc. (i.e. no other possibilities)

Anyway, this guy below hits the point spot on to a "T". I won't argue with any of this.

Originally Posted by B serious
Lol. Why does every question turn into "this is what you do for the track", followed by a bunch of squabbling?

OP doesn't plan to track the car. Idk why the eff he would ask about bigger brakes for street use unless it was just for looks.

He's probably not coming back. All the track info isn't relevant to this thread.

Here are the cliffs for any poor soul who stumbles upon this thread:

If you don't think that a BBK will save time and (eventually) cost for track use, then you are on crack.

If you think that a stock powered, street tyre S2000 cannot be tracked without a BBK, then you are also on crack.

If you think you *need* a BBK on the street, you are on a lot of crack...even if you drive like you're trying to get to your crack dealer and are currently coming down from your crack binge, the stock brakes with upgraded pads are fine.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 PM

Bullwings no importa lo que digas sigues teniendo un bbk chino que es una mierda que jode el bias del carro y que es mas caro que lo de fabrica que si te funciona esa mierda pues bien por ti lo que digo es cuando compares lo hagas de manera igual con las misma parte no con cosas mas caras que otras para probar que tu mierda de bbk es lo mejor
Old 09-15-2016, 11:16 PM

Bullwings no importa lo que digas sigues teniendo un bbk chino que es una mierda que jode el bias del carro y que es mas caro que lo de fabrica que si te funciona esa mierda pues bien por ti lo que digo es cuando compares lo hagas de manera igual con las misma parte no con cosas mas caras que otras para probar que tu mierda de bbk es lo mejor
Bullwings no matter what you say still have a Chinese bbk it sucks that sucks the bias of the car and it is more expensive than factory if you work that shit as well for you what I say is when you compare it to do so same with the same part not more expensive than other things to prove that your shit is best bbk

Google translate gave me that.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LMAO after reading all of this.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Originally Posted by leo777' timestamp='1474000048' post='24063119
Bullwings no matter what you say still have a Chinese bbk it sucks that sucks the bias of the car and it is more expensive than factory if you work that shit as well for you what I say is when you compare it to do so same with the same part not more expensive than other things to prove that your shit is best bbk

Google translate gave me that.
Is funny you needs Google to translate something because you are very smart guy but only speak or write one language ?

Quick Reply: Bigger brake kit