S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

BlackTrax Performance Exclusive Partnership with Kingpin Machine on S2000 Spherical Suspension

Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested. Do you do core exchanges? I have a set of arms, but haven't seen them in awhile so not sure how complete they are. May be 6 of the 8 arms, can't recall
Old 10-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petawabit
I'm interested. Do you do core exchanges? I have a set of arms, but haven't seen them in awhile so not sure how complete they are. May be 6 of the 8 arms, can't recall

Hi petawabit, we do not do exchanges. The arms you send to us are ID tagged, fitted and then shipped back to you. In short, you get back the same arms you send to us.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What kind of service life is anticipated on these parts? Also interested in pricing (for material only).
Old 10-29-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SH
What kind of service life is anticipated on these parts? Also interested in pricing (for material only).
X2
Old 10-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Speaking S2k specific, we currently have 2 years logged with zero issues. The cars listed above will continue to provide data moving forward. Being that you're local, if you're interested in having add your car to our fleet, please PM Jei aka BlackTrax.

Speaking Honda specific, Kingpin and BlackTrax have yet to service a bad bearing due to normal wear. Parts involved in accidents obviously are excluded.

As mentioned earlier, in order to place control on the quality and increased life expectancy, Kingping sphericals will not be sold over the counter. Each set is to be fitted/serviced by BlackTrax.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be nice if the product would sell over the counter with no implied warranty. Personally I wouldn't want my car to have the down-time during the install/retrofit process, also wouldn't want to pay for labor hours for something I can do myself. You would probably sell more sets too.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

It would be nice if the product would sell over the counter with no implied warranty. Personally I wouldn't want my car to have the down-time during the install/retrofit process, also wouldn't want to pay for labor hours for something I can do myself. You would probably sell more sets too.

Just my 2 cents....
We appreciate your input. It's not that we haven't considered this. It's just that there are many factors at play, most importantly consistency and quality of the product. Selling arms equipped with sphericals is Kingpin's business model and we will happily pay it forward to the S2k community. Honda control arm bores are not machined to tight tolerances. The +/- isn't as critical for a rubber bushing. Finding the ideal dimension here results in a low stiction, highly reliable bearing.

Yes, technically it would be nice for someone else to supply them over the counter to us. We would have purchased them this way as well if given the option. We have all the necessary tools; hones, bore gauges, micrometers, TIG welder etc..If you prefer an over the counter option, we do sell the Wicked Tuning line of sphericals which are currently available.

The costs to purchase the tools required to measure, hone and weld would not be financially feasible for the do-it-yourself-er. If one was already equipped with such tools, well then, we would assume they might have enough machining knowledge to develop their own kit.

The design is proprietary. The fitment specs are proprietary. We've had great success over the years. A lot of it comes from how we prepare the arms for fitment. Lastly, by not offering them over the counter, it lessens the chance of this product getting reverse engineered. We don't expect to sell a lot of sets. We'd rather be the one offering the best solution on the market. In order to do this, we apply the knowledge gained from R&D into each control arm.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Please check MotoIQ's writeup review on Kingpin/BlackTrax Sphericals:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-Squish.aspx?4

Old 12-16-2014, 02:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Did I miss the price somewhere?
Old 12-16-2014, 06:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MP2k
Did I miss the price somewhere?
If you have to ask...

Quick Reply: BlackTrax Performance Exclusive Partnership with Kingpin Machine on S2000 Spherical Suspension