S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Brake pad choice Pagid RS29 vs Ferodo DS Uno vs PFC

Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brake pad choice Pagid RS29 vs Ferodo DS Uno vs PFC

Hi guys, was thinking to get a proper set of pads for track as opposed to the ds2500's i use for street currently.

My choices are either Pagid RS29, Ferodo DS Uno or PFC (not sure which one as specifics arent given the pad compound description so i'm checking with a dealer)

any suggestions which I should go for?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why no carbotech?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

All of his pad choices are in another league compared to carbotech's. With all due respect, the carbotech pads are econo track pads.

For me, it was a toss up between the Performance Frictions and the Pagids. I couldn't find any local suppliers that had stock of the PF's, so I went with the Pagids. Having gone to the RS29's from the Carbotech XP8/10/12's, I won't ever be switching back.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
All of his pad choices are in another league compared to carbotech's. With all due respect, the carbotech pads are econo track pads.

For me, it was a toss up between the Performance Frictions and the Pagids. I couldn't find any local suppliers that had stock of the PF's, so I went with the Pagids. Having gone to the RS29's from the Carbotech XP8/10/12's, I won't ever be switching back.
Hi,

Would Like your input on how the rs29 have performed for you.

I know a PF dealer but due to the lack of technical data on pads am not sure which I should get which sort if sways me towards the Pagid.

Just wondering if any online dealer I can get rs29 from? I seem to see only front sets being sold but nothing said about the rears.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM

Update: Been looking around but for Pagid, RS19 seem to be the only ones available (fronts are available but rears need to be cut to fit by the dealer which is kind of strange as there are part numbers for front and rears). Still pending for RS29 quote from another dealer .

No news on the DS Uno and PF pads.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Ferodo DS2500. Perfect for track, with Motul 600 no brake fade but is very agressive on the disc
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by c32b
Originally Posted by 06Estukay' timestamp='1329373646' post='21419633

Hi,

Would Like your input on how the rs29 have performed for you.

I know a PF dealer but due to the lack of technical data on pads am not sure which I should get which sort if sways me towards the Pagid.

Just wondering if any online dealer I can get rs29 from? I seem to see only front sets being sold but nothing said about the rears.

Thanks a bunch!
Coming from Carbotech XP series, the RS29's have been flawless. I can't say enough good things about them. They don't make a rear fitment, as mentioned though... You can go with a set of Carbotech XP8/10 in the rear, and it should be ok.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by c32b
Update: Been looking around but for Pagid, RS19 seem to be the only ones available (fronts are available but rears need to be cut to fit by the dealer which is kind of strange as there are part numbers for front and rears). Still pending for RS29 quote from another dealer .

RS19 is very similar to the RS29's. The main difference is that the RS29's have a bit more initial bite compared to the RS19. To be honest, you can't go wrong with either of those pad choices. Go with whatever you can find locally for the best cost.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by c32b' timestamp='1329466930' post='21423164

RS19 is very similar to the RS29's. The main difference is that the RS29's have a bit more initial bite compared to the RS19. To be honest, you can't go wrong with either of those pad choices. Go with whatever you can find locally for the best cost.
06Estukay: thanks for the sharing. Just wondering if you've tried the rs29 up front with xp 8/10 at the back? Am a bit concerned about mixing compounds.
A pagid dealer has agreed to cut an rs19 rear pad profile for me so I can get a front & rear set of rs19. The entire cost of front & rear pads would come up to 800usd! If I buy just the rears from them and buy the fronts from an online dealer, it might be 700usd.
These would probably be the most expensive pads I've ever bought.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by c32b' timestamp='1329466930' post='21423164

Latest update: A certain Pagid dealer has recommended I go RS29 front and Ferodo DS2500 rear. According to him, if I am still killing the rear pads, then I would probably look to ducting or vented/larger discs to manage the heat issue as opposed to change pads. This runs a bit counter to my thoughts of a same front and rear pad compound which Ferodo Racing recommends on their website for RWD cars. I have my doubts on this as the coefficient of friction seems vastly different comparing a Pagid RS29 to a Ferodo DS2500 but have no way of verifying.

Quick Reply: Brake pad choice Pagid RS29 vs Ferodo DS Uno vs PFC