S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

brake setup for Nurburgring

Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c32b,Oct 25 2010, 04:13 PM
updated pics
Thanks for the pics, looks like a pretty functional set-up. I bought the Quantum motorsports kit for my car. I am very impressed with it so far. All I have is OEM rotors, front track pads, and ducting. With only that I expierenced zero fade doing 2 20 min GP sessions in a row.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 34witt,Oct 26 2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the pics, looks like a pretty functional set-up. I bought the Quantum motorsports kit for my car. I am very impressed with it so far. All I have is OEM rotors, front track pads, and ducting. With only that I expierenced zero fade doing 2 20 min GP sessions in a row.
no problem as long as you dont mind them being rather blur and me taking a long time to get the pics to u.

the ducting was originally made one piping to one rotor or caliper but based on my observations of other owners' bearing failure, high pad & rotor wear and fluid boil results, I decided to double the ducting.

the results are very good and I head out for 10-15 hot laps (15laps x 2.75 mins = 40mins) at a one go without the slightest feel of fade on ds2500's. Brake pads were noticeably less crumbly at the edges. I do maybe 3 rounds of 10-15hot laps each track session. Have done this for about 5 track days on the same fluids and the pedal is still quite solid.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Many of us UK guys do the 'Ring (I haven't been as yet) and most manage perfectly well with a fluid change (usually RBF600) and upgraded discs and pads.

Favourites include:
Dixcel Type-Z or R-01 with FCR discs
Ferodos DS2500 or 3000
and a few guys are buying BBKs here https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=813419

I've managed 30 days with both OEM and the aforementioned Dixcel combination, with OEM I just need to brake a bit earlier, but I've managed well enough. The Dixcels work brilliantly, enabling later braking, and longer track sessions.

Here's the Dixcels in action on a pretty heavily modded car https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=804188

If you're in northern Germany, you definitely need to go and drive the circuit at Spa in Belgium. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=807443
Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by HRS2000,Sep 30 2010, 04:48 AM
Some Italians an Irish and a Portugese S2K where there that weekend together with Ko who was the translator of Shigeru Uehara at the Euromeet in Italy .

I was there that weekend with another dutch S2K owner .

When you go driving at the Ring . Drive 1 or 2 laps and then let the car cool down for at least 15mins . Evrything gets really hot at the Ring . And you need your brakes . Because of the highspeed and low speed corners at the Ring .

This weekend 2nd and 3rd October there should be a lot of S2K's as well . I know some UK and Italian owners are coming . I'm going myself as well . And normally there also some other S2K's at the Ring .

And it's just nice to see what kind of sportscars come to the Ring . Almost evry weekend looks like a carshow .

Hi everybody!

I was the other Dutch owner.

Last year i visited the Ring a lot of times, more to look than drive.
Last januari 15th i already bought a yearticket 2011 so i'am planning to drive more rounds this year.
15 and 16 januari i was there with the daily driver of my girlfriend and me, a Lexus IS200 fully stock with about 170000kms on it.
I bought it recently with new frontdics on it.
15 januari i only have driven 1 round at the end of the afternoon, just to get the feeling back after a few months.
At 16 januari the Nordschleife was combined with the GP-track and i have driven 2 rounds then.
My girlfriend needs the car for her work so for that weekend it was enough for me.

The rest of the trips to the Ring i want to drive with my S2000.
Till now it's fully stock and last year i have driven between 15 and 20 rounds with it on the Ring last year i think.
Sometimes i only drive 1 round at a visit and sometimes 2 or 3.
I also make daytrips to the Ring, i live 290kms from the Ring. The most mad daytrip i have maked last year was leaving home at 01.45pm on a friday with a lot of traffic, driving 3 rounds in total and then driving home again where i arrived about 10.15pm.
But i prefer to go for a weekend, it's more relaxing and the atmosphere is superb overthere.
Me and my girlfriend also go for watching the cars, people and the nature.
The roads around the Ring are also awesome but please respect your speed a little bit, especially in the villages.

Till now i have no problems with the brakes on my S2000 but i don't drive that fast already.
But i to avoid problems maybe i install airducts and rvs brakelines and maybe other fluid.
I also have plans with the suspension.

For me driving on the Ring is not a race but enjoying the S on one of the most beautiful roads in the world without concerning about a ticket for speeding.
The atmosphere around the Ring is also great with all the great cars and petrolheads.
At the main entrance i only come to look a while, for resting and eating i stay most of the times in Breidscheid, that's halfway the Ring.

Some tips about the breaking:
1. When you don't know the Ring yet, drive not to fast on the straight to avoid that you see to late that you have to reduce your speed a lot more than you tought before.
Because then you have to brake very very hard to stay on the road.
2. Use the straight at the end to cooldown your brakes, full throttle straight ahead everybody can.
3. What HRS2000 already said, drive 2 rounds, leave the Ring and drive in the surrounding to cooldown your brakes.
4. Use your footbrake and handbrake as less you can to avoid unbalance in your discs.

I'am not a professional but these are the things that i take in mind.
How better you know the ideal line, but that takes 100 rounds or more, the less you have to break.

Oh my God, what a long story...........................

I'have planned to go to the Ring
24-27 Marz
2-3 April
22-25 April
Some of the days above there is no publicdriving but i enjoy wathing the VLN race and take pictures or i drive through the countryside.

At last 2 pictures taken 10-09-2010, the blue S is HRS2000 and the red one is mine.

I hope we see eachother at the Ring this year, than we can shake hands and have a talk!

Hi everybody!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 AM

Sorry, my story is here above but i did something wrong. I quoted the wrong way.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 PM

Just take a peak back at the non-ring driver opinions about braking needs at the beginning of this thread.