S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Buddy Club N+ - yes?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buddy Club N+ - yes?

I've struggled to find a good price on the PSS and PSS9 setup and I'm not thrilled about the cost of the KW3, or even the KW2's.

I've noticed that the Buddy Club N+ may fit the ticket for me - cost at/under $1k, as well as features. They appear to have height and damper controls, which is nice. I don't drive the car much; I'm looking to eliminate fender well gap and provide a more controlled ride. I might auto X it, but it will be for fun and that's it.

I have the following questions:

Do I need to remove the top mount on my stock setup and install on the BC's? If not, I read about a "pillow mount" to silence suspension noise. I don't want ANY noise, so I assume this is required? How does this work and what is the cost?

ThMotorsports appears to have the best price at $930, shipped. Does anyone know of anything better? They seem reputable, so I will likely go with them if they honor that price.

Thanks for the assistance!
Shumax
Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

From what ive read the N+'s already come installed with top hats so the need for installing the oem top hats are not needed. It seems that people run the regular top hats that comes with em and not many complain. I think GruppeS a vendor on here quoted me 855 shipped but dont quote me on that. Though there are no shock dynos of the N+'s it seems that there are a handful of people that track on these coilovers and are content for what they are, but in the end Id rather shoe out the extra dough for a quality coilover with a company that actually has experience in the damper world. Trust me, do it once and do it right.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

for entry level coilovers they are at best "ok"...i have them,...wish i would have saved longer but i am picky and am finally realizing what good technology means with suspension,....i feel it needs some stiffer spring rates as they are really bouncy
i am currently waiting till spring to get some pss9 or v3s
i have also read that these as well as megan and some other cheaper brand are all manufactured in the same place.....
Old 01-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I think i found a set for you, check your PM's
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks! He PM'd me, too. I wasn't thrilled about "used" coilovers, but I see his have very low miles on them. I sent him an offer. If he accepts, I'll go that route and be done with it. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fortune 500 Coilovers. Good price, dyno proven, custom spring rates and valving.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't say to buy brand x, but in the case of suspension....you do get what you pay for. That said...PSS/PSS9 are regarded by most as the best for a price point near $1k. I went with the KW V3s, and thankfully got a good deal from one of the forum sponsors here and am very happy with their performance.

Most low $$ systems are going to be a lot of spring, with shocks that have basic damping capability that has a hard time controlling the spring. The higher $$ systems usually have much better shocks/valving that does a better job at controlling the spring.

There are lots of coilovers out there, and it really depends on what you consider to be the right combination of price vs performance. I wish you luck, it took me quite a while to research and decide.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:20 AM

Thanks for the input, everyone. I ended up buying a very gently used set of PSS's out of the FS section from a forum member.

Thanks again!
Shumax
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
for entry level coilovers they are at best "ok"...i have them,...wish i would have saved longer but i am picky and am finally realizing what good technology means with suspension,....i feel it needs some stiffer spring rates as they are really bouncy
i am currently waiting till spring to get some pss9 or v3s
i have also read that these as well as megan and some other cheaper brand are all manufactured in the same place.....
Bounciness can be a product of too much spring. Unless you're bottoming out, it's probably got more than enough spring. It's likely lacking damping. Try turning the damping towards stiff if you've got any more adjustability. And yes, the Buddy Clubs are made in the same factory as a few other coilovers but all the factory does is assemble the coilovers to the specs they're provided. Similar to how Apple designs/specs the iPods and has them manufactured by another company.

Originally Posted by S2k007
Fortune 500 Coilovers. Good price, dyno proven, custom spring rates and valving.
Fortune makes a great product for sure. I've got a thread with a lot of info on them here: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/914...#entry21339688