S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Buddy Club P1 RCA Confusion

Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Buddy Club P1 RCA Confusion

I bought the BC RCA ball joints to mainly get additional negative camber adjustment so I could run more caster at around -2/-2.2 front camber. I am actually not even going run the RCA plates initially. They are advertised as adjusting from 0 to minus 5 degrees, but after installing them and looking at the directions which are mostly in Japanese, I think the distributors are mistaken and these actually add positive camber back. If you follow their diagram angle 1 would move the hub in and angle 4 marked as stock is the most outward. Can someone confirm my thinking? Basically I don't know that I will get any more negative camber with these which sucks because that is what I wanted them for. Either that or the directions are wrong.
Attached Thumbnails Buddy Club P1 RCA Confusion-img_2374.jpg  

Last edited by bgoetz; 05-07-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

They are adding negative camber to whatever is factory numbers, not assuming what camber you gain by lowering, assuming you are , hard to tell by the orientation of the photos in the diagram.I was able to get -2 in the front being lowered. You should be able to get what your looking for especially since you sound pretty low ( wanting to add RCAs)
Old 05-07-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by starchland
They are adding negative camber to whatever is factory numbers, not assuming what camber you gain by lowering, assuming you are , hard to tell by the orientation of the photos in the diagram.I was able to get -2 in the front being lowered. You should be able to get what your looking for especially since you sound pretty low ( wanting to add RCAs)
which direction did you face the buddy club logo though? Based on the instructions they show if faced out, which to me would add camber. I have since found several photos including their own website of them flipped around on the S2000, logo facing in.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:35 PM

I am actually not that low, which is why I am not using the RCA plates. I just want to get more camber adjustment and keep caster. Right now I max front camber at -1.9 and can't get more than 5.6 deg caster at that setting. I want -2.2 to -2.4 and 6 deg caster
Old 05-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I don't remember it was on a friends cars. But disregard the instructions. Just know that the buddyclub Lca will add to whatever oem location is
Old 05-08-2017, 04:44 AM

Given the grooves vs holes does anyone have concerns with the ball joints slipping without the RCA plate? I was just going to toss on some "toothed" washers to better secure it.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Buddyclub logo has to face the inside of the car. If you installed it the other around, youll find that your rotors are extremely close to the RCA... Flip it around and youll get negative camber.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by gtracer
Buddyclub logo has to face the inside of the car. If you installed it the other around, youll find that your rotors are extremely close to the RCA... Flip it around and youll get negative camber.
Yeah that is the conclusion I have come to, but that is not what the directions show. I can just rotate them 180 without popping them back off right? That shouldn't harm them as they are just a ball joint correct?
Old 05-08-2017, 07:16 PM

Everything installed correctly now. I used "toothed" washers on the bolts to the knuckle as extra precaution from slipping. Again, not using the plates all you have are grooves not holes. The holes are in the plates although the plates are simply held to the ball joint by two Allen screws, that wouldn't hold up to much sheer force. Does anyone feel that there is enough force that they will slip, even with 60 ftlb and toothed washers?
Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
I bought the BC RCA ball joints to mainly get additional negative camber adjustment so I could run more caster at around -2/-2.2 front camber. I am actually not even going run the RCA plates initially. They are advertised as adjusting from 0 to minus 5 degrees, but after installing them and looking at the directions which are mostly in Japanese, I think the distributors are mistaken and these actually add positive camber back. If you follow their diagram angle 1 would move the hub in and angle 4 marked as stock is the most outward. Can someone confirm my thinking? Basically I don't know that I will get any more negative camber with these which sucks because that is what I wanted them for. Either that or the directions are wrong.
eh no, they add camber. a LOT.

Quick Reply: Buddy Club P1 RCA Confusion