S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper Owners

Old 07-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper Owners

I have a set of used Buddy Club RSD coilovers waiting to go on my car as soon as I can find someone that can install it for me. Before I go ahead and do so, I'm looking for feedback from owners. I understand that they are one of the older coilovers for the s2000's and mine are probably one of those as I bought them used with about 25k miles on it. It also looks like the bottom of the spring is rusting a little bit from the coating that came off, and the top hats look a little rusted too but maybe it's just the surface.

Main questions are, what settings do you guys drive at, and how is it for a daily driver? I live in NYC and like most places it can get pretty bad. Can I set it to softest and not bottom out? or should I set it to like 3-5 clicks from the softest? Also, what's the difference between these and the N+? Are these more stiffer?

I'm excited to throw them on because from searching they seem to be a quality set of coilovers that's more than just used for lowering the car. Looking for any feedback or experiences with them, thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:07 PM

i just installed them today and i LOVE it so far. the ride is seriously a night and day difference. it's a little stiff (but not bouncy) on rough roads but on a smooth road i feel like i'm driving on silk. the car feels so solid and stable especially at higher speeds.

i used to have megans on my 240, and those were seriously JUNK. just too stiff and the dampening sucked. the BC RSD's are def. worth the money.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:14 AM

When I first put mine on they were at 8 clicks. I DD mine and that was just too stiff. Now I have them set to 2 all around and it's much better.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM

I daily at the softest setting. Yes they are stiff as hell. I put swift springs on mine it makes a pretty big difference. it's much more compliant now (you wouldn't believe it until you try it). It's no where near as uncomfortable as the buddyclub spring.
Here is a picture I took before installing the spring as a omparison. The crazy thing is that its a 12k Swift compared to the 10K Buddyclub. You can see how much more stroke the Swift has.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM

do the RSD'd come with breakline holders?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love mine. a little bouncey, but it is a nice stiff single bounce. i drove mine around for like a month with it on 13 out of the 15 clicks to the hardest setting and it was stiff as hell. i like it stiff, but everyone has their preferences. i felt like with the way the roads are around here i was causing more harm than good to them with them like that though. so i now drive with them at like 2 or 3 clicks from full soft. it rides much nicer and smoother on the softer settings. almost like stock, but still noticably stiffer than stock suspension. if that makes sense? however, im thinking about turning it to 5 or 6 clicks hard and driving it like that since i like the stiff feeling. my only complaint is there are no brake line holders for the front, but i just used zip ties to hold the brake line in place where it bolted to the factory strut. also i cant go as low as i want in the rear unless i lower it from the spring perch. i have the strut screwed into the bottom piece all the way and i still have a finger gap. the bottom piece of the coilover is not hollow like on some coilovers so you can only go so low before it is screwed in all the way. im thinking though when i get it all corner weight balanced and i play with the preload some, then i might be able to get it to sit where i want in the rear. you will love them though, and on smooth roads the coilovers really come to life!