S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Challenge Comp Coilovers - anyone have them?

Old 10-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenge Comp Coilovers - anyone have them?

Anyone running these? I was thinking of picking up a set but not many reviews.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set. used them for 4/5 years. What would you like to know? I've daily'd on them as well as tracked the car.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Would you rather get the Comp or Comp+? Which would you choose between these or the Bilstein PSS B14. How close are they to stock suspension, was the ride comfortable?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by tehsu
Would you rather get the Comp or Comp+? Which would you choose between these or the Bilstein PSS B14. How close are they to stock suspension, was the ride comfortable?

Thanks in advance.
I have no experience with the Comps. Mine were the Comp+. Don't think Ive ever seen anyone with the base Comps. Finding someone whose used the comp+ is difficult enough. I think the difference if i remember right was softer valving, steal body vs the aluminum, and none spherical top hats.

I would do these again over the Bilstein PSS. the PSS are very soft stock like rates. These are not even close to stock. These are loud, clunky, and stiff. I found the ride to be fine but being stiff wasn't an issue for me. I dailied the car with a Recaro seat for 3 years so ymmv. They were valved pretty well from the get go so while stiff, they are not bouncy or teeth rattling. I've had spring rates of 800/700 and 700/550 on them. They handled the lower rear rates better than the higher due to the valving. They felt under dampened for the 700# springs out back.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowd16
I have a set. used them for 4/5 years. What would you like to know? I've daily'd on them as well as tracked the car.
How many miles do you have on them?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by proracer07
How many miles do you have on them?
PM'd
Old 10-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I have challenge comp+, really happy with them. No complaints.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by V6 Donut
I have challenge comp+, really happy with them. No complaints.
How are they on the road? I'm just looking to replace my worn stock and lower the ride while keeping as much quality as I can, trying to decide between these, Comp+ or Bilstein PSS. Got any pictures?

Originally Posted by slowd16
I have no experience with the Comps. Mine were the Comp+. Don't think Ive ever seen anyone with the base Comps. Finding someone whose used the comp+ is difficult enough. I think the difference if i remember right was softer valving, steal body vs the aluminum, and none spherical top hats.

I would do these again over the Bilstein PSS. the PSS are very soft stock like rates. These are not even close to stock. These are loud, clunky, and stiff. I found the ride to be fine but being stiff wasn't an issue for me. I dailied the car with a Recaro seat for 3 years so ymmv. They were valved pretty well from the get go so while stiff, they are not bouncy or teeth rattling. I've had spring rates of 800/700 and 700/550 on them. They handled the lower rear rates better than the higher due to the valving. They felt under dampened for the 700# springs out back.
What do you mean by loud, as in, you hear them in the cabin? or you hear it rattle?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

How are they on the road? I'm just looking to replace my worn stock and lower the ride while keeping as much quality as I can, trying to decide between these, Comp+ or Bilstein PSS. Got any pictures?

What do you mean by loud, as in, you hear them in the cabin? or you hear it rattle?
My setup is 900lb springs in the front and 700lb in the rear. I wouldn't compare my car to a typical street car.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:22 AM

you can hear the top hats click over bumps in the road. You really dont want these for just street driving.

Quick Reply: Challenge Comp Coilovers - anyone have them?