S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

CR Sway Bars with Polyurethane bushings advice

Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CR Sway Bars with Polyurethane bushings advice

Hello,

Searched around and could not find any reviews or opinions on CR sway bars with polyurethane bushings compared to OEM rubber bushings. I have a 2006 model and the CR sway bars are so affordable, it looks like its worth a try for my next track day. My question is that; will upgrading to polyurethane bushings have any negative affects? Increase in road noise? Stiffer ride? S2k is double duty so even less daily comfort might not be good for me right now.

In case anybody is wondering though, energy suspension offers replacement bushings with the exact inner diameter for the CR bars. No need to measure overall dimensions for universal bushings, which is why I am highly considering just ordering new polyurethane bushings when I order the bar. The cost isn't much more compared to the extra cost hardtopguy charges for the CR bushings (which im assuming are OEM rubber). Energy suspension PN: 16.5142 for front 28.6mm PN: 16.5140 for rear 26.5mm bar.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll need to always keep them greased, not really worth the hassle for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM

Ahh yes they definitely do make noises and weird sounds if not greased sufficiently. I think transmitting NVH is a bigger concern to me though. I know it shouldnt be as bad as poly bushings for engine and tranny mounts, just wondering if this also applies to sway bars to any extent.

Meh I might be overthinking it. I will be sure to post back after I run this bar with the Energy bushings.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 AM

I am running the energy bushings on my rear bar (my front whiteline came with some) and tea they need to be greased about every other month.at the most.it's been three months now and No weird noise.etc.they're universal fit but the inner diameter of the bushings need to fit your bar.the only universal thing about them is the mounting point not the polyurethane. So u will need the bars diameter.and you can pick up a set at your local autozone, advanced,or oreilys. They all carry energy stuff.it made the car feel better in a corner exit. I couldn't tell any difference in daily driving except over harsh bumps the car came back quicker.honestly I'd do both your front and rear IMHO the 06 with the crazy front bar and energy bushings would be a good setup but that's my personal opinion. Hope I could help/she'd some light
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the help. Yeah going to order the CR bars with polyurethane bushings very soon. I don't think poly sway bar bushings should really have a big factor in terms of road noise or vibration for daily driving.