S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

DGR Suspension Setup

Old 04-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DGR Suspension Setup

Hi all,

I've swapped out struts before and if I was moving to OEM, I wouldn't be writing this.

But I decided to spend just a little extra money to purchase DGR's Sport/Street coil-overs. I figure that it might be nice to have some adjustable shocks for those times that I want to hit the autocross. I am sure that I'll hit the merit of purchasing from a new company DGR, but the purpose is to get some guidance on setting these up before install and possibly how best to adjust after they're on. The manual that came with them seems to be lacking.

So what I am looking for is the best setup for some aggresive street driving and maybe drop an inch. So, what I really need to know is where should I start on the height and pre-load. The damping seems straight forward; 30 clicks, with 15 being in average).

Any thoughts? Or...anyone in Seattle willing to look at them with me?
Also, where should I get corner balancing and alignment done? What's the expected pricing?

Thanks!

James
Old 04-30-2011, 08:59 PM

+1
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

they're too new to gain broad expirience with them.
honestly - i would loook at better established manufacturers.
anyway - you could always ask the vendor - this way you also will see how professional they are.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:38 AM

Yeah...be sure to get an alignment done.

As for the coilovers, call DGR & talk to Russell. I've talked to him and he's a good guy. From everything I know and have seen others post, he'll try to help you out.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the street kit from Russell but I haven't had a chance to install them yet. But I would definitely call / e-mail Russell and he can probably/definitely answer all your questions because his customer service is balling.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks Guys, but I've already gone to Russell. He's super good guy and very quick to respond, but this is an answer that he hasn't been able to provide.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Most of the reviews I have seen seem to be people that know him and are helping him get off the ground. Not trying to knock him or the company at all (gotta start somewhere) but I just bought KW-V3's and had looked into DGR a bit. Beyond the border-line advertising reviews I didn't see much factual track/street experience.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I purchased and installed DGR 'street' coilovers a couple of weeks ago, I have mine set at 15 clicks (ie: mid point between hard and soft). The suspension is quite firm and my initial thoughts were that the dampening was significantly better than stock (I have an AP1).

One point of note (perhaps Russell can chime in if he reads this) - when setting the height (I started too low) I had to raise them but I was unsure how high they could actually go, is there a means of knowing how high they can be raised? I am currently sitting lower than OEM ride height but the coilovers would appear as though they're maxing out their height. Can they be raised in theory to oem height without worry?

My only minor critisms are:
- the clicks between damper adjustments could be more riflebolt-like, they are very soft clicks and you could easily miss them if you aren't concentrating
- not brake line holder, I'll be making my own

Overall though the quality is very good and I am happy with my purchase. I'll have to tweak the damper adjustments over time to see what works best though.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by clio
I purchased and installed DGR 'street' coilovers a couple of weeks ago, I have mine set at 15 clicks (ie: mid point between hard and soft). The suspension is quite firm and my initial thoughts were that the dampening was significantly better than stock (I have an AP1).

One point of note (perhaps Russell can chime in if he reads this) - when setting the height (I started too low) I had to raise them but I was unsure how high they could actually go, is there a means of knowing how high they can be raised? I am currently sitting lower than OEM ride height but the coilovers would appear as though they're maxing out their height. Can they be raised in theory to oem height without worry?

My only minor critisms are:
- the clicks between damper adjustments could be more riflebolt-like, they are very soft clicks and you could easily miss them if you aren't concentrating
- not brake line holder, I'll be making my own

Overall though the quality is very good and I am happy with my purchase. I'll have to tweak the damper adjustments over time to see what works best though.

Apparently the fronts can go to Monster Truck heights, when I put the height at the minimum (25mm), as suggested. BUT, I had a HUGE gap between the fenders and the wheels. So, I had to painstakenly dial them down 90mm, when installed, to get them just below stock. What did you do with your brake line? That is a huge miss in my mind that a braket wasn't included.

Also, can you share your measurements ( if you have em? )? The point between the bottom lock nut - top lock nut, and perhaps the top plate to the top lock nut?
It would be nice to share these, as I am flying blind and only have one installed.

Thanks for chiming in here!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What did you do with your brake line? That is a huge miss in my mind that a braket wasn't included.
i think zip tie should work.

Quick Reply: DGR Suspension Setup