S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ebay Coilovers???

Old 05-02-2018, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply I'm located in the UK close to Manchester. But I need to sort something this week! Thanks all the same
Old 05-02-2018, 06:00 AM

My apologies regarding Ebay coilovers. I was referring to the non branded generic new type that come from a supplier trading on ebay. Either way I think I have the answer on them lol. Obviously I understand the more I spend generally the better product I am going to get. This is my first S2000 so you'll have to excuse my naivety when it comes to modifying it.

I think the main question is, If I was to lower my currently stock car using adjustable coilovers what is the minimum I would have to do it? Taking into account everything else stock on the car is working correctly free and adjustable.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:24 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
When someone says 'ebay coilovers', everyone that is the target audience understands this is slang for a new product marketed widely on that site, with a generic brand name, and with largely similar design and construction. Well, almost everyone.

No one else thinks ebay coilovers, when used as noun, refers to any/all coilovers, new or used, currently available on that site.

We all get its slang, and what it means. To bash someone for using such slang is being pedantic.

I should know, as its also my default mode. But I try and keep it in check.
The only one that thinks I am "bashing" is you. I was nice about it and am not bashing the OP at all. I, who has been on internet forums forever, was not sure what he meant by it, so to say "everyone in the target audience understands" was obviously incorrect and a rash assumption so you could start an argument. I had no idea if he meant to post a link and did not, if HE meant it the way you stated, etc. And he did not ask for your protection from my "bashing" so it seems the only one bothered by it is you I have watched you drag a thread out days arguing with someone the exact same way you are trying to do now, so lets cut the shit and move on ... k ?
Old 05-02-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by raythechan
Thanks for the reply I'm located in the UK close to Manchester. But I need to sort something this week! Thanks all the same

yeah ... I doubt, even if I gave them to you, it would be worth the shipping from MN to the UK :P So probably not a great solution.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
The only one that thinks I am "bashing" is you. I was nice about it and am not bashing the OP at all. I, who has been on internet forums forever, was not sure what he meant by it, so to say "everyone in the target audience understands" was obviously incorrect and a rash assumption so you could start an argument. I had no idea if he meant to post a link and did not, if HE meant it the way you stated, etc. And he did not ask for your protection from my "bashing" so it seems the only one bothered by it is you I have watched you drag a thread out days arguing with someone the exact same way you are trying to do now, so lets cut the shit and move on ... k ?
Agreed. Lets not drag this out any further.

If you were legitimately confused by the phrase 'ebay coilovers', and were not able to realize from context what it meant, and honestly thought others might be equally confused, then I sincerely apologize.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by raythechan
My apologies regarding Ebay coilovers. I was referring to the non branded generic new type that come from a supplier trading on ebay. Either way I think I have the answer on them lol. Obviously I understand the more I spend generally the better product I am going to get. This is my first S2000 so you'll have to excuse my naivety when it comes to modifying it.

I think the main question is, If I was to lower my currently stock car using adjustable coilovers what is the minimum I would have to do it? Taking into account everything else stock on the car is working correctly free and adjustable.
I think I answered already, bruv.

How much does a set of Bilstein PSS cost? That's right around your minimal cost of a quality set of coilovers that works without degrading the car in some way.

The stock suspension is VERY good. So...unfortnately, a fly-by-night company with generically valved shock cartidges adapted to fit within a S2000 is not what you want.

The PSS is actually a massively good value. Its basic in terms of "features"...but has everything that matters.

A 1" drop is ideal with those.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
I think I answered already, bruv.

How much does a set of Bilstein PSS cost? That's right around your minimal cost of a quality set of coilovers that works without degrading the car in some way.

The stock suspension is VERY good. So...unfortnately, a fly-by-night company with generically valved shock cartidges adapted to fit within a S2000 is not what you want.

The PSS is actually a massively good value. Its basic in terms of "features"...but has everything that matters.

A 1" drop is ideal with those.
B14's cost £980 / $1320
Thanks for the info
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Lol, next time OP, you might want to post a link to the specific "ebay" product you are thinking about buying.

It's probably worth it to go with a nicer coilover for this car. Koni yellows with springs are another "affordable" alternative.