S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Feedback on Megan Coilovers?

Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

You like them,because you don't know anything else,and because you're stuck with them;so,they better be good.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:19 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

wow thats sooo harsh

get what you like and what is in your budget
Old 03-22-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bilstiens, KW, Tien? <---------Real Coilvers?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:32 AM

Well yea. The Megans has not been out that long. When you read reviews you should know most guys... not all... dont know squat about what their talking about. I mean most think they know what handling better is and yet they claim it, or its good because of the drop. I would like to see someone with a justifiable background talk about suspension then the kid across the street. Megans though, i dont know myself, but the high end stuff has engineering to them and are proven track worthy, not like some coils with the stiffest springs as someone on this board noted.

-Tony
Old 03-22-2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Gee,Mar 22 2006, 10:24 AM
Bilstiens, KW, Tien? <---------Real Coilvers?
I heard Japanese view TEIN like how us in America view APC...
Old 03-22-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire,Mar 22 2006, 10:07 AM
You like them,because you don't know anything else,and because you're stuck with them;so,they better be good.
That I think is a bit harsh to say. The person is just giving his .02, that's all. I understand that there are better coilovers than the one he has, but if the person does not know how to control the car, its pretty much pointless to buy the most expensive coilover. Oh well! Have a great day!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:42 AM

I have Megan coilover on my RSX but dampen different from Buddy Club but I don;t know if Buddy Club is a name brand. But I would go with Megan for it pricing which I think is really good.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is why I use and like Megans. I wanted my car to sit a little lower so I tried eibach springs. Eibachs made my car sit lower but I didn't like the how it handled on lowering springs very much so I decided to change. I went with the Megan Street setup because they provided the drop I wanted and had more adjustabilty than the springs. I didn't have very high expectations when I tried them, but have been surprised at how much I like using them now. Should I ever want to go with a more hardcore track suspension I would probably try the Megan Track setup first, simply because they went above my expectations with the street set. For now I live in Hawaii and our track is old and being shut down, so I don't really have any places to run the car at its limits and therefore no reason for a more serious setup.

I am not claiming Megans are the best set out there because I haven't tried other sets on an S2000, nor am I a professional driver, but they are a good setup that happens to work very well for me on the street and I like how they feel when I push the car a little bit. There are several people on the board who have tried and liked them. There are also several who have never tried them but hate them because they don't cost enough, as we have seen in here. If anybody who has tried them and didn't like them is reading then post up, I would like to hear from users who have had problems and what they were. If anybody with some serious track experience has given them a try then let us know what you thought.

What I think this board could use less of is the drivel posted by guys like Emil St-Hilaire when they are having a bad day. The thread starter asked for opinions on Megan coilovers and you gave your opinion. You don't like them because they don't cost enough, good for you because thats your opinion. Hanging around and bashing other people for trying to provide something usefull to this thread only weakens whatever cedibility you have on this site.

-Nate
Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

You don't like them because they don't cost enough, good for you because thats your opinion.

Hey Dude,that's not the point.!!
What I mean is this: for the same kind of money,you can get a good springs/shocks combo,that will outperform those cheapies,in everyway.
Only downside:won't be able to brag about your coilovers.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire,Mar 22 2006, 11:49 AM
You don't like them because they don't cost enough, good for you because thats your opinion.

Hey Dude,that's not the point.!!
What I mean is this: for the same kind of money,you can get a good springs/shocks combo,that will outperform those cheapies,in everyway.
Only downside:won't be able to brag about your coilovers.
"for the same kind of money,you can get a good springs/shocks combo,that will outperform those cheapies,in everyway."

How do you justify your comment? So far your only justification seems to be the ignorant assumption that price makes better, and the quote above still sounds like you dont like them because they don't cost enough. If you really are trying to make some point here try providing some details and give us more than blind faith and your word that you are right.

Examples:
Have you tried both setups? Which suspension setups have you tried on your S2000? What is your driving experience?

Quick Reply: Feedback on Megan Coilovers?