S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Gauging Halo BBK Interest

Old 02-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Gauging Halo BBK Interest

As most of you know, we only offer S2000 products and we strive to make best in class products for each category we play in.
We are passionate about the S2000 and we only do this as we feel there will not be another call like this ever; NA, High Rev, Manual, RWD (Only) and Roadster.
We try to be a part of the S2000 focused community that creates innovative and exclusive S2000 parts like Evasive, Blacktrax, Ballade & SakeBomb
We design, manufacture, fund all of our products ourselves or we offer URGE custom options for Ohlins.

Now to the new BBK..
We currently offer the lightest track focused kit on the market with Calipers < 5lbs and rotors sub OEM weight, increased cooling capacity, increased durability and lower cost than OEM pads.
Our new kit will be centered around AP Racing Radi-CAL calipers and Larger diameter AP Racing Front Discs

Radi-CAL 94XX 4 piston Caliper
  • >30% stiffness for ultimate control and modulation, arguably the stiffest calipers available for the S2000
  • Same weight as our current calipers at <5 lbs
  • Aero cooling of the caliper due to more surface area and flow through design
  • Vented pistons for further cooling in the most important contact area

AP Racing CP3864 Rotor
  • Still under OEM rotor weight with more cooling capacity than our existing disc and 3-5+ lbs lighter than other 325mm+ discs
  • More Surface Area to Volume ratio than any other 325mm+ disc. Why have extra weight if it is not exposed to air to dissipate heat?
  • Would you want 5 more lbs on your wheels too?
  • This is a Competition Disc out of the AP Racing Catalogue that is designed to take Racing Abuse for cars that weigh more than the S2000
Our main goals for any S2000 product we design is Improve Safety, Reduce Weight, Increase Torque & Increase Mechanical Grip.
  • As most BBKs are, this kit is focused on significantly increasing cooling capabilities to provide reliable and consistent braking, improving driver safety
  • These Calipers and Rotors Significantly Reduce weight which increase acceleration, improve cornering and reduces brake distances
Kits will be under $4K and we will get it at least half way to $3K. It is a top of the line kit meant for maximum performance and thus it wont be the least expensive.
We will offer a one time discount on a Group Buy if there is enough interest, we are working with Essex on Launch Pricing.
17" Wheels will fit and Spoke clearance will be significantly better than our current kit as the offset will be better and the caliper will be further away from the hub.

Please let us know if the community is interested in a kit like this?
We are designing it to be the best on the market in all areas.
Please post Questions or email us if interested?

URGE

The following 2 users liked this post by Urge:
Kenny_Stang (02-22-2017), youcandoitall (04-15-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I am in obviously, if there if you are going to be keeping the car long term, while these calipers are extreme they certainly are the most rigid and capable of heat dissipation.
Looking forward to testing and seeing how rotors and pads hold up.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Consider my interest "gauged" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Give me all the details please. Pad thickness and all that business.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:09 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Consider my interest "gauged" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Give me all the details please. Pad thickness and all that business.
I can order PMU in 2 options 16 and 20mm. Others offer 16mm only.
What pad manufacture are you looking for?

What other details are you looking for?
We have linked to both the rotor and caliper details.
The Caliper details provides pad shape details.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Urge
I can order PMU in 2 options 16 and 20mm. Others offer 16mm only.
What pad manufacture are you looking for?

What other details are you looking for?
We have linked to both the rotor and caliper details.
The Caliper details provides pad shape details.
Nice! Sorry just realized those were links. I think that covers everything. I saw the 16mm pad listing, but this caliper can run a 20mm pad as well with these rotors? Very nice. I am mainly interested in Endless ME20s after running them for awhile. I can likely source them direct if given the appropriate pad shape for that manufacturer.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:42 PM

This really ticks all the right boxes for me.

-proper motorsports caliper with tough finish
-single bolt pad change
-thick pads and thick rotors

-single piece mono block would be awesome (but crazy expensive at this level) but designed in a way that is likely stronger than lesser single piece calipers.

Also very cool that there is no exposed u-pipe and that it is all just internal. I would imagine bleeding is pretty straightforward just bleeding one bleeder at a time in a specific order?
Old 02-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Sponsor

This really ticks all the right boxes for me.

-proper motorsports caliper with tough finish
-single bolt pad change
-thick pads and thick rotors

-single piece mono block would be awesome (but crazy expensive at this level) but designed in a way that is likely stronger than lesser single piece calipers.

Also very cool that there is no exposed u-pipe and that it is all just internal. I would imagine bleeding is pretty straightforward just bleeding one bleeder at a time in a specific order?
Bleeding procedures are the same as typical AP Racing.

VS other Monoblocks. Due to FEA design and materials, I would easily argue these are stronger that a non competition mono block. The Material is in all the right places to support the shearing stresses exerted on brake calipers. That detail is in the links sent.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Urge
Bleeding procedures are the same as typical AP Racing.

VS other Monoblocks. Due to FEA design and materials, I would easily argue these are stronger that a non competition mono block. The Material is in all the right places to support the shearing stresses exerted on brake calipers. That detail is in the links sent.
Agreed.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM

Definitely let me know when there is pricing on this.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Sponsor

Definitely let me know when there is pricing on this.
Will do, I need 1 more interest to pull this off.

Patrick

Quick Reply: Gauging Halo BBK Interest