S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Hks hypermax lv SP " review "

Old 11-21-2014, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the review!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MMisencik157
Yeah if you have the rear but not the front and you have not adjusted the height on the coilovers then thats why your rear is lower haha. Im curious as to why you bought just the rear? Most people will do just front or front and rear together but I've never heard of anyone doing just the rear before.
There is no scientific explanation for that !?

I did all my bushings last year and got a deal on some J's rear RCA 12mm , so I installed them while I had the control arms in hand. Now I fund some hard race spacers as front RCA.

I own my S since 2002 , I know alot about this car. But suspension geometry is my weak link.

Handling setup is

Front and rear RCA
Hks hypermax 4 sp
All spoon bushings
Neuspeed x-brace
Cusco under chassis brace
T1r steering rack spacer
Spoon solid rack mount
Comptech TI front upper strut bar
Password jdm rear lower bar
17x9 42mm 245 front 255 rear on rs-3
Rear toe arms.

Anyone who wants to comment on this be my guess.

I know there is some useless stuff but hey !! I'm an addict !! I can't stop buying used part when the price is cheap.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:29 AM

A couple of hundred miles later after my corner/balance/alignment and I'm very happy. I too will give these 10 out of 10. I'm satisfy with my purchase as I was scared of 16k springs being too stiff.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:39 AM

Old post but i just did my first track day
this year

All i have to say is WOW. Went with the height and damping ajustement that they are set when they are shipped and they felt so great that i didnt even try a different seting all day

Here is a link to that

Cheers

http://youtu.be/3vhge7sfS1M
Old 05-30-2015, 12:34 AM
Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
this year

All i have to say is WOW. Went with the height and damping ajustement that they are set when they are shipped and they felt so great that i didnt even try a different seting all day

Here is a link to that

Cheers

Thank you for getting back to us, you guys bought these coilovers for a great price. HKS is not offering this deal anymore. It was a once in a lifetime chance.

- All Items Are Shipped Via FedEx.
- All Orders Are Repackaged To Help Prevent Any Damage Which May Occur During Transit.
- Any Order Cancellation Will Result In A 25% Processing Fee.
- Local Pick-Ups Available. Please Call For Details.
- No Cancellation on JDM Or Special Orders. No Exceptions!
Old 06-06-2015, 12:57 AM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
this year

Here is a link to that

Cheers

That's sick. How much power is your car making in that videos. You don't have any cooling problems on the track with the super charger? What cooling mod ps do you have?
Old 06-06-2015, 02:09 AM

Cars making 322whp on a mustang dyno.

I run a fmic and nothing elle. Altought Thats day was extremely hot and i noticed my oli temp was getting to high. I just ordered an oil cooler. That should do.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:56 AM

Do you know if the springs are linear or progressive? I too am worried about the comfort aspect slightly. The car is 60% track duty 40% weekend car.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:26 AM

No clue. But my car too is week end driven and it is fine.

Four of my s2k friend ordered the same coilivers after trying my ride.

That speaks for itself I think.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:37 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by saleach
Do you know if the springs are linear or progressive? I too am worried about the comfort aspect slightly. The car is 60% track duty 40% weekend car.
Spring rate is linear; the SP is apparently equipped with 16k springs all around. Any time an absolute value can be attributed to a spring, in this case 16 kg/mm, it means that the spring rate is linear, for the most part. In spring testing, with a spring dyno, companies have found that most springs that are listed as linear have some to significant variation in the spring rate as the spring is compressed. This is more attributed to the quality control and manufacturing process and all but the most premium spring manufacturers (hyperco, swift, eibach ers) suffer from this problem.

This is a great read on the evaluation of the Hypermax iv SP kit by motoiq:
http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...on-System.aspx

As far as harshness on the road, for what it's worth, 16k springs are about 900 lbs over 2.25x the spring rate of the CR and 3.4x the spring rate of the stock s2000 springs. That being said, if the shock is properly damped for the application then it would at least be a tolerable ride.

If it were 75/25 track vs weekend; I would be more inclined to consider the SP. For me, since I've had experience with the KW clubsport, that would probably be my choice for your application because it not only gives you room to grow as a track driver but it will also be livable. The KW v3 is also an excellent option if the clubsport is too pricey.

HKS does make a GT version with lower spring rates, but I would probably take the CR shock/spring combo over the GT version for simplicity since the spring rates are nearly comparable.
The following users liked this post:
562racing (04-18-2017)

Quick Reply: Hks hypermax lv SP " review "