S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Honed Brake Air Guides

Old 08-08-2017, 04:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Honed Brake Air Guides

OK, did a quick search and didn't find anything but has anyone else use the Honed Brake Air guide kit which serves as a bolt on alternative to proper brake ducting? In what was likely a mid-winter effected decision I bought these things and just remembered I had them. Burned through my G-Loc R10 pads quicker than I anticipated so thought about putting them on.

Honda S2000 Air Guide Kit - Honed

Last edited by lookstoomuch; 08-08-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

WOW! I didn't realize these existed. I just bought some GT3 Air guides to custom fabricate a set. Great find!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:34 PM

I'll put up some installation pictures shortly. Did some testing with a leaf blower as a wind source and it definitely redirected air. Guessing I'll have to cut a bit of the dust shield to make sure the air hits the rotor directly.

Last edited by lookstoomuch; 08-09-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Those brake cooling air guides should work just fine though I would cut off the dust shield to allow a clear path for the air to the rotor. Porsche has been using them forever along with Mitsubishi on the Evo. Corvette and Camarao have them. There are aftermarket ones for the GTR based on this concept. I modified the concept a little bit in making my own brake ducts:
Project S2000 - Track Testing Upgrades and Custom Brake Ducts
Old 08-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't tell from the pictures on their website but do the guides direct the air towards the center of the rotor to go through the cooling vanes or just the inside face of the rotor?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
I couldn't tell from the pictures on their website but do the guides direct the air towards the center of the rotor to go through the cooling vanes or just the inside face of the rotor?
There is a bit of maneuverability to the setup but as I left it last night it was pointed more at the face. I was thinking to add some spacers behind the scoops to alter where it's pointed. There's some holes already in the shield by the center of the rotor was going to aim at to be lazy and avoid cutting but could not get it to aim that way.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch
There is a bit of maneuverability to the setup but as I left it last night it was pointed more at the face. I was thinking to add some spacers behind the scoops to alter where it's pointed. There's some holes already in the shield by the center of the rotor was going to aim at to be lazy and avoid cutting but could not get it to aim that way.
ok. Do you think you'd be able to get them to point at the center?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
ok. Do you think you'd be able to get them to point at the center?
I don't think without doing some of my own engineering going to try again tonight and post some pics.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch
I don't think without doing some of my own engineering going to try again tonight and post some pics.
gotcha. If you could get pictures that would be great. Are they too far back/forwards and/or up/down?
from the pictures they have it seems like the center of the rotor is further back than the guide
Old 08-09-2017, 05:28 PM

Here's a pic. The wrench shows a direct line from the air guide to the rotor dust shield as it's installed and believe close to how it's "supposed to be". Again tonight I used a leaf blower as a wind source and my hand to feel where the air disperses off of the guide and it covers a decent sized area on the dust shield even getting air in to those three little holes which I believe are right by the center of the rotor. I'm tempted to do a comparison with / without at my next track event and measure post lapping brake temps.
S2000 Honed air guides

Quick Reply: Honed Brake Air Guides