S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

How are Ksport Pro Coilover?

Old 10-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D Loke,Oct 22 2009, 01:47 PM
Most people are gonna tell you they are crap because they are cheap, but actually Ksport is a pretty reputable company. They do go pretty freaking low, and have alot of adjustability. Their spring rates are set up more for the street, so they aren't as stiff as some of the racing coils.
I agree with you, I mean not all of us have the money for the coilovers we would love to have. I had Megan coilovers(Track version, different spring rates) on my Evo 9 and those things were really good. They go pretty low and the handled pretty well in my opinion. Ksport have been around for awhile so If companies like Ksport or Megan were producing some horrible products I'm sure they'd be out of bussiness already.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:45 AM

the ksports on my tsx are legit
Old 10-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by oober,Oct 24 2009, 02:45 PM
i see shocks blown all the time on cars less the 5k on them, all it takes is a decent enough pot hole...

you got 3 years and 20k out of them until 1 eventually blew out. not that bad if you ask me..
Hopefully the original poster will have better luck than me. I know how badly they held up after the length of time they were on the car compared to oem stuff that was on the car for twice as long. Tons of rust on the springs and everywhere else, as well as blowing out(without hitting any potholes or running over anything)

The main thing is I've driven the same make/model of car with the exact same spring rates, but it had properly revalved and shortened Konis, there is a night and day difference between the two in both ride quality and performance.

People will like them because they lower the car and there is less body roll, but don't realize how bad they are until they drive an identical car with a properly setup suspension. Sure they are cheap to begin, but who cares when you have to throw them in the garbage after a couple of years of use?

Ksports have been put on shock dynos and gotten results back where all the struts have vastly different amounts of damping.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123666252
Old 10-26-2009, 03:35 AM

Once again thanks for the input. I will never be taking this car to the track. I have done research on a lot of coil overs a swell. I usually have KW V3 on all my cars but at the moment can't swing the $2k for them.

As with any company, when you search hard enough you will see a lot of feedback and most is always bad since people only like to complain and never post there positive feedback. Either way, when I install them next week I will take pics and give some input on them. My deciding factor on these was a friend of mine that races SCCA with his Subi and he swears by them!! So do most of the guys that race at Lime Rock. Seems these are a big hit here.

As for quality, the springs are powder coated and the coil over bodies are anodize. They have a 5 year anti-rust warranty as well. So we will see how they hold up in Vermont. Our roads seem to eat suspension parts..
Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set on my Yaris. For the price they're not bad.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

aren't ksport and megan basically the same? built side by side just re-branded versions of eachother?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 AM

^ most of the companies swear that they are built in house (in usa) and designed themselves. at least that's what the company reps have said on other forums, especially ksport. whether it's true or not is up to debate.

basically, even if they aren't put together side by side in some factory in china, they are ultimately similar in quality. i group ksport, d2, f2, and megan in the same quality category. if you don't go to the track, i recommend finding the cheapest one you can to maximize bang for the buck. if you do track like me, i'd opt for the megan's with their higher spring rate so even if the dampening isn't up to par at least you'll have stiff springs to compensate (even if it's just a tiny tiny bit)
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree.. no track = who cares... get something comfortable and stiff enough to play around on a hwy on ramp or two
Old 02-15-2010, 12:14 PM

people have put the k-sport/D2 dampers on a shock dyno and have found them to be crap...
Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 PM

^ but how many people on here do you think can even utilize shocks that aren't crap lol

Quick Reply: How are Ksport Pro Coilover?