S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

How to stop sliding

Old 07-25-2011, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The spoiler's crazy but I'm thinking about selling my rear diffuser or some how verify they're the ones that makes noise on my car (when ever I go over 100km/h they make some squeeky noise).

Help me pick, I have 2 options. KW V3 for $1200-1300 shipped or locally Tein Monoflex for $1000 or so.

The tires have 85%+ life, pretty much new when I got it with the rims.

ZDan, thanks for your great advice, I'll go to SpeedStar and get that alignment you suggested after I get my coilovers.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly i say tein between the 2,but imho i would pick koni/gc w. custom rates,bilstein,or ark. i have ark coilovers seem a bit stiff for dd(which i dd my car btw)but i just had it set to race stiff on the damper all the time recently when not at the track i goto each corner and turn it down one click for around town,not bouncy and not as harsh.and just turn it back for track...id check the alignment tho at least in the rear.most places do alignment checks for free then you only pay if you get one done...pm me if you plan to sell your diffuser lolz
Old 07-25-2011, 04:16 AM

Why wouldnt you pick the v3? Depending on how hard you turn in, for how hard it dampens on this coilover. Thats a feature found mostly on very expensive coilovers.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay's AP1
Help me pick, I have 2 options. KW V3 for $1200-1300 shipped or locally Tein Monoflex for $1000 or so.
Wow where'd you find those deals, I'll take whichever set you don't buy!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ZDan
You mentioned not being on the brakes or on the gas. You should be partly on the brakes or on the gas for most of the corner. Only for a brief instant will you be neither on the brakes some amount nor on the gas some amount. As I mentioned above, your line needs to allow you to begin to get on the gas just past apex, and stay on the gas all the way through.
Originally Posted by FluKy15
Jay I think its your tires. Dont add a rear sway bar, add a thicker sway bar to the front if anything. Stock suspension on the s2000 is really great. How does the wing feel?
agreed, and def listen to all of ZDan's posts
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Breaking Point
honestly i say tein between the 2,but imho i would pick koni/gc w. custom rates,bilstein,or ark. i have ark coilovers seem a bit stiff for dd(which i dd my car btw)but i just had it set to race stiff on the damper all the time recently when not at the track i goto each corner and turn it down one click for around town,not bouncy and not as harsh.and just turn it back for track...id check the alignment tho at least in the rear.most places do alignment checks for free then you only pay if you get one done...pm me if you plan to sell your diffuser lolz

Go with what he said, I hear great things from koni/gc w custom rates. I would say KWv3 since I do own a set but, since you don't track much don't waste the money and I doubt you would want to mess around with the compression/rebound settings often.

I have KWv3's installed on my car but don't daily my car. I have the settings pretty stiff (used billy settings with minor adjustments and a UK spec alignment). That wouldn't make for a comfortable ride depending on road conditions.

Check your alignment first thing.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 AM

^ I'm confused...Did you want me to get Teins, GC+Koni or KWV3??
Old 07-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 1,107 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay's AP1
Oh, it's an 03. I did brake during the turn but after the turn it was when it started to slip. In track school, I believe they said if I started to slip (spin out) RWD= let go of gas not to gas it. That's what I learned.

PS:I have stock suspension and getting coilovers soon so I dont want to waste $120 on an alignment.

Why, tell me why, you'd rather spend 10-15times the cost of an alignment and get a 'new suspension'? If your alignment is off currently, a new suspension isn't going to correct things at all.
There is zero sense in spending the money for KWV3's or any other suspension and/or coil overs until you have mastered the stock suspension.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

going to be your decision in the end but, I would say teins or koni/custom rate springs. Sorry, for the confusion.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM

FWIW, I would never mention Tien and Koni in the same recommendation. Go Koni/KW, or don't get anything.

Quick Reply: How to stop sliding