S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Introducing the FPSpëc Long-Stroke Öhlins DFV

Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by snitm
I recently got an email from SBG with tracking number that was supposedly UPS. But when I put the tracking number into Google it presented USPS as the match. Try that.
Thanks for the input on this tracking number issue.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
We're trying to look up your order number but don't have much to go off of. Can you try what snitm suggested above? Since we've been behind on shipping schedule we've been trying to speed up everyone getting their parts with faster shipping, so anyone who's been waiting awhile probably has an expedited package coming USPS. Unfortunately our website auto-emails tracking numbers with whatever the default service is (typically FedEx), but when people have been waiting awhile, we ship whatever method will get the package there fastest!

Shoot us an email or PM if you can't get the tracking number to work, we'll get you sorted and thanks to everyone for their patience with these labor intensive production runs! These are all small batch custom parts manufacturing so at times things can get a bit slow, but hopefully everyone will feel it's well worth the wait once you have parts in hand.
Thanks for responding. It looks like my order is in route to be scheduled for delivery next week.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:31 PM

I did send an email to your general mailbox as well.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If I understand correctly this is an upgrade for the track-focused driver.
If you just want a lower ride (approx. 1 inch) and use the car mainly on the roads, this would be unnecessary or overkill, right?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JagoBlitz
If you just want a lower ride (approx. 1 inch) and use the car mainly on the roads, this would be unnecessary or overkill, right?
The FPSpec Ohlins DFVs are a fantastic option for both street and track use. With the additional rear stroke, improved custom rate valving, and swift spring they will outperform the standard DFV even if you decide to stick to 10/8 kg/mm springs. Many track focused drivers choose them due to the custom spring rate option which allows improved on track performance over the standard kit but even at near standard DFV rates there is a significant performance increase. We also have customers using the custom spring rates and longer stroke to use softer springs to provide a fantastic grand touring setup.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:01 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JagoBlitz
The short answer is yes. Definitely overkill for a non track car. The standard DFV is even fine for the guy that's doing 1-2 events a year. Sure they aren't perfect and the rates are a bit soft but that shouldn't be the biggest concern if you're not regularly frequenting the track.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for confirming that.
I am stuck with the OEM setup anyway...not so easy to get any modifications through the TÜV inspection in Germany.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Got these from SakeBomb. Worked very well during my installation. Thanks Heath.

The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Got these from SakeBomb. Worked very well during my installation. Thanks Heath.

Beautiful pictures! Glad you liked the high torque non-marring wrenches! We have some new FPSpec accessories in production now that we are very excited to release in the next few weeks!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just picked up the FP Spec Long Stroke Ohlins DFVs. The build quality is freaking amazing I will put up a review after install. In the meantime enjoy fellas

Last edited by SilliG; 03-30-2017 at 01:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SakeBomb Garage (04-01-2017)

Quick Reply: Introducing the FPSpëc Long-Stroke Öhlins DFV