larger rear rotor suggestions - Page 2 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Notices
S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.

larger rear rotor suggestions

Old 05-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
The Urge setup will also require you to shave down your pads or start with used pads that are worn enough to fit properly. That's my biggest gripe on the kit. I'd like to be able to have all new components go on the car without having to get creative.
There was quite a cost difference between the two kits (Urge and Sakebomb). Shaving the pads is an extra step. It might come down to which rotor diameter (282mm vs 314mm) and caliper piston diameter provide the best balance with the front setup.

Originally Posted by Apex1.0 View Post
It's hard to believe no one has found a vented rear rotor that will work the oem caliper. Something with a oem application that is cheaper.

Assuming cut down pads and shaved bracket...
Three of the kits in the post above use the OEM caliper.

From posted results here, it appears all of the kits deal with overheated rear rotors.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by afzan View Post
the stoptech BBK retains the oem brake balance..

the Sakebomb rear rx8 caliper kit does not - it's meant to be used with the Sakebomb AP racing front setup
OR our more affordable Wilwood version, but uses the same pad shape and rotor size. We also offer a hybrid kit with AP floating 325mm rotors.

And... soon we'll have something cool for the standard front kits for people that are running kits made with smaller / lower torque front pistons or stock front calipers We've got some cool thins in the works

Wilwood Track-Day Brake System (S2000) - SakeBomb Garage LLC
Old 05-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbojonn View Post
Thanks for the replies. What year rx8 rear rotor and would there be any brake bias problems after the swap?

Thanks in advance,

Jonn
Hey Jonn,
Currently, these are meant to be used with our rear rotors (2 piece) not stock RX8 rotors which are a different hub bore diameter and rotor offset. The rears are currently sized for either our AP Competition front kit, or Wilwood Track Day kit with larger pistons, for a total system increase in brake torque/output. We will have something coming in the near future to run standard stock rotors or low-torque / small piston front BBK's such as the stoptech... but these are suited (as is currently) for the AP Racing CP8350 found in our Competition 325mm or Essex 299mm BBK's (as they run large piston sizes), or our SBG Wilwood track day BBK with large piston option (325mm rotor as well).

Our rear kit does include a *directional curved vane* rotor which actually pumps air through it, unlike a straight vane rotor, and does not require any sort of pad shaving or anything... just pop in a set of RX8 pads and you're good to go. Hawk, Endless, Carbotech, and many other brands make a pad for the RX8 caliper as it's very common.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by lookstoomuch View Post
I'm doing this tonight and it is a PITA. I underestimated the amount of filing it takes to remove .5mm from brake pads. Otherwise the kit is nice.
I also run the Urge kit. The trick is to not file, it is to clamp an electric palm sander in a vice and hold the pad on it. Takes a few minutes per pad.