S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

megan racing ez street coilover

Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-01-2011, 10:40 AM

I have had them for about 6 months and I love the way they feel. I have them set as stiff as they will go and they are pretty much maxed out as low as they will go. I truely believe that they handle alot better than stock. The car has no body roll what so ever. It seems to be very easy to adjust the ride height. I have not done it myself but I watched my alignment guy do it and it seems very easy. I daily drive my car and I feel they are the perfect medium for a dailey driven car. Although I would love to have them a little stiffer but overall I am very happy with my purchase. Don't listen to the Megan haters they are a really good product for the price and I have never heard of any proven problems.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:49 PM

and how low did you get when they were maxed out?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Tires are slightly tucked. I will post pictures as soon as I can
Old 02-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 05APdeuce,Feb 1 2011, 11:40 AM
I have had them for about 6 months and I love the way they feel. I have them set as stiff as they will go and they are pretty much maxed out as low as they will go. I truely believe that they handle alot better than stock. The car has no body roll what so ever. It seems to be very easy to adjust the ride height. I have not done it myself but I watched my alignment guy do it and it seems very easy. I daily drive my car and I feel they are the perfect medium for a dailey driven car. Although I would love to have them a little stiffer but overall I am very happy with my purchase. Don't listen to the Megan haters they are a really good product for the price and I have never heard of any proven problems.
HATERS will always exists no matter what you do or where you go.

back up top. this is the review i was looking for. finally someone that ACTUALLY has these coilovers chimed in. these are the kind of coilovers i've been looking for. easy to adjust ride height and feel like stock if not better. also, can't beat the price for a full brand new set of coilovers.

so have you done a lot of hard driving w/ them? in addition, how many miles you think they have on it right now? i know you said 6 months but roughly how many miles? thanks.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Haters" may just be people who know more than you. Try to keep an open mind around here.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hirevs2k,Feb 1 2011, 05:06 PM
HATERS will always exists no matter what you do or where you go.

back up top. this is the review i was looking for. finally someone that ACTUALLY has these coilovers chimed in. these are the kind of coilovers i've been looking for. easy to adjust ride height and feel like stock if not better. also, can't beat the price for a full brand new set of coilovers.

so have you done a lot of hard driving w/ them? in addition, how many miles you think they have on it right now? i know you said 6 months but roughly how many miles? thanks.
I have probably put around 5000 miles since I got them. I have driven some back roads pretty aggressively and the Every now and then hard offramp and I can say that entry speeds and exit speed are quite a bit better than stock. I got these coilovers strictly to drop the car for looks and the fact that I got a hell of a deal on them but it turned out that I liked them a lot. Also don't pay attention to the Nay sayers because I have yet to hear a valid issue with Megan Coilovers.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by robinson,Feb 1 2011, 06:03 PM
"Haters" may just be people who know more than you. Try to keep an open mind around here.
I wouldn't call people that are bad mouthing Megan, "Haters" But those type are usually the people that payed an arm and a leg for a set of coilovers and feel the need to bash because other people decided to take the cost effective route. I mean don't get me wrong if I was the type that tracked my car you better bet your ass that I would buy a set of KW's or TEIN over the Megan's any day. But for a daily driver that never sees the track I see nothing wrong with the Megan coils. As stated before I have never read any valid issues with Megan coilovers.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by robinson,Feb 1 2011, 06:03 PM
i do keep an open mind around here but it's ppl that say such and such product is crap and doesn't do any good b/c of the "price". those are the ppl i'm talking about. sorry i didn't clarify enough. and i'm willing to bet someone will say this next just to be an a$$hat, "you get what you pay for". that phrase gets beaten to death around here...

after reading 05apdeuce's opinion on said coilovers really convinced me. for 1, he didn't sound biased at all and secondly, he's the only one to chime in and answer my questions w/o a hissy fit. thanks 05apdeuce. i never thought ppl in this forum were actually that nice. lol
Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm usually the one who says you get what you pay for, and I absolutely believe it. The most cost effective option is to do nothing. But it sounds like you really don't want to do nothing, so then you are looking to go low, so if you have to do something, it's cheaper to get Koni Yellows, and the GC coil over kit, I think. Then you actually have a quality shock, and whatever spring you want.

The problem with Megan, is that they don't make the damper, they just put their name on it and sell it. Then there is the issue of the poor force curves. This is the worst part. You are paying for a shock and you usually end up with the worst valving, or at least, nothing better than what you had before. I just don't understand why anyone would pay over $1000 for something that just isn't that great. Megans might be okay, but when I spend money, I want my shocks to be better than before, and not be flawed.

Quick Reply: megan racing ez street coilover