S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Moddiction sway bar

Old 12-29-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moddiction sway bar

so finally got my front sway bar and have run into some problems....

the bracket supplied does not even come close to fitting. See pics...

Kinda irritated I waited this long and spent a few hundreds bucks. Will be contacting moddiction as well.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great good to know
Old 12-29-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can confirm. same as you. glad you found out. if i was under the car i would of blown a head gasket. lets see how long it takes to fix.
so im guessing you drilled out the holes to get the bolt to fit. and THEN found out it lines up like shit
Old 12-29-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Orleansjunky
can confirm. same as you. glad you found out. if i was under the car i would of blown a head gasket. lets see how long it takes to fix.
so im guessing you drilled out the holes to get the bolt to fit. and THEN found out it lines up like shit
Correct.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. I am guessing someone read the drawing wrong when they made them. The slot is the wrong width for the bolt size and the slots are cut in the wrong locations, so one has to be elongated. Very annoying to find out in the middle of the install process. Luckily, I have the ability to modify them. I also found that my bar appears to have the straight midsection a fraction of an inch too short, making the bushings push against the bent ends. That made it very difficult to get the bolts for one bushing to line up. I aborted the install at that point. I plan to offset widen the holes on the curved brackets in order to move the bushing away from the radius of the bent arms.

Also, on a minor note, the paint chipped off with the most minor of contact. Like dropping a small bolt on it. I'd guess it was not cleaned before painting.

I've been distracted by other things and have not contacted Moddiction yet to tell him of these supplier issues. I have worked in the manufacturing business, so, I understand the frustration of suppliers screwing up new batches of product. I would have hoped that a company that has been in business as long as ADDCO has would put out a better product.
From ADDCO's website: "Precision, quality and craftsmanship have been the hallmark of ADDCO sway bars since 1961"
Old 12-30-2017, 07:02 AM

I also noticed the same issues as you. Paint chipped extremely easy and the bar appears to be short. I will not be modifying anything. I paid money for a product that doesn’t seem to be worth more then a standard eibach sway bar at this point. I guess I will just wait another few months to get the issues corrected.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S_DosMil
I also noticed the same issues as you. Paint chipped extremely easy and the bar appears to be short. I will not be modifying anything. I paid money for a product that doesn’t seem to be worth more then a standard eibach sway bar at this point. I guess I will just wait another few months to get the issues corrected.
Did you get it installed or did you abort the install also, like me? I am about to take another run at it now that holidays are about over.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by slimm
Did you get it installed or did you abort the install also, like me? I am about to take another run at it now that holidays are about over.
I gave up on the install. I thought about modifying brackets and such. Then I also thought about the money spent and the time I waited for it to be completely wrong. I’m not sure if I want to right their wrong. I’m completely capable of fixing the issue but it’s a matter of do I.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

It’s seems the brackets are easy enough to make yourself but yes it would be nice to have everything work as stated upon purchase.

I’ve decided to go another direction so mine is up for sale.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

We are sending a spacer from a previous order over to manufacturer. Not sure why it would have been changed but unfortunately it looks like they did make an error with them. Once they get the correct spacer we can get replacements out.
The following 2 users liked this post by Moddiction:
Orleansjunky (01-05-2018), RedCelica (01-05-2018)

Quick Reply: Moddiction sway bar