S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Motive adapter.. Anyone make one?

Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Motive adapter.. Anyone make one?

Has anyone made an adapter for the Motive power bleeder? That universal one as leaked on me pretty bad so I prob wont use it again but I already have the motive for my other cars. Wondering if anyone has tried to make one. Cant be that hard just the question is will a stock cap or even an aluminum one seal and hold 10psi? I imagine if it did, it cant be hard to drill it, tap it, and install a fitting..
Old 07-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My search for this has been inconclusive, but I would also like to know if anyone came up with a better fitting adapter. Just like you, I've stopped using mine and went back to the 2 person method after loosing a bunch of fluid through the universal cap.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the universal adapter and I use it on both the Ridgeline and my S2000. It works, but not nearly as well as the lock on caps. I did have it spring a leak once in the middle of a bleed on my S2k. You can eat off the valve cover the under hood is so clean. That's why I freaked out after it leaked. Any way I cleaned everything up and nothing was harmed. I developed a system to use the universal cap. Here is goes.

1) Clean the adapter rubber gasket, cap and the MC rim with a lint free cloth every time you use it.
2) Run the adapter chain directly under the cap on the master cylinder. Make sure it is centered looking from multiple angles.
3) Attach the adapter without the bleeder hooked up. Use even pressure on the wingnuts. Make sure the taper side of the rubber gasket is facing down.
4) Layer rags under the MC. Expect and plan for a massive leak.
5) Here is the real secret. Pressurize the MC with the bleeder WITH NO FLUID. Make adjustments to the adapter until it will hold 8psi steady state (at least 2 minutes). Any drop should be so slow you can't see the needle move.
6) Once you are confident it will hold 8psi of air, fill the bleeder with fluid and begin to pressurize. Do not put any pressure on the adapter!!! The slightest jarring can break the seal.
7) Pressurize to 6psi max with fluid in it. Don't get greedy with the pressure. 6psi will be a slow bleed, but its not much faster at 10psi. FYI, with my Ford and GM adapter, it would hold 15psi easy.
8) Stop the bleed by opening the bleeder tank. NEVER break the seal on the adapter until the job is done. Keep the bleed going until the level is well below the top of the cap.
9) Disconnect the adapter, have rags ready to wipe down things. Top off the MC and done.

Good Luck
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 AM

That's kinda what I came up with. Would
Much rather make an adapter and be done with it if possible.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If someone wants to try diy. You just need spare master cylinder cap, some fittings and hose. I have diy pressure bleeder for my vw. Only hard thing is to make it leak free, but it's not hard.
This might be helpful: The DIY $20 brake bleeder
Old 07-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This company claims the have one that fits as long as you remove the reservoir filter.

Products: Honda S2000 2004-2009 AP2
Old 07-12-2017, 05:42 AM

Good find! I'll measure my filler neck tonight and give it a try. Unless anyone knows the size of the filler neck off hand??
Old 07-12-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Good score, its pricey but I am interested.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! That adapter looks promising. Might just splurge and give it a try. Overall, my process is basically the same as what Apex outlined, except I haven't tried to bleed with a lower pressure (usually try to get it to hold 12-15psi).
Old 07-24-2017, 12:31 PM

Well-made, it fits really well and feels like it would hold pressure. I'm assuming it's going to work and I will try to fab up a Line and connection to pressurize it this week
Attached Thumbnails Motive adapter.. Anyone make one?-photo931.jpg  

Quick Reply: Motive adapter.. Anyone make one?