S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

My Ohlins review

Old 03-25-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
I wish I had taken stock measurements before tearing into it but I forgot to do that. Would love to know though! Maybe I can find a stock S2000 at the dragon in a few weeks
He , he , me too, I got so excited to do the coilover installation I forgot to measure my stock height.

See you at the Dragon !
Old 03-25-2015, 03:01 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Stock 06 AP2 ride height from center to fender on my car was 355mm (14") F, 360mm (14.2") rear. So right around 14". Amazing to see how many people have gone for the DFVs now. Great stuff.

Here is how I set mine up with the 550b HyperCo springs F + R and 225/255 tires with stock AP2 roll bars, -2.8 F -2.6 R camber, 6.4 caster, 1/16th total toe rear:

Comfort:
F: 12
R: 12

Touge:
F: 9
R: 9

Track:
F: 5
R: 5

Depending on the road or track I will make finer adjustments front to rear to play with mid-corner balance. Often at the track I will end up a click or two stiffer in the rear since the rear of the S2000 is more communicative than the front.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Well back from charity laps at VIR and I must say I am very pleased with the coilovers. The trip there felt nearly stock at 8 clicks from full stiff and all the imperfections of the road were absorbed well. Got on track and noticed a bit of initial understeer. So I dialed in a rear biased 7/6 and immediately the car began rotating a lot more. 1 click on these things is quite noticeable, which makes me overly cautious about making sure that the clicks were even side to side. I found myself double checking my work by turning them to full stiff and clicking down from there. On the last session I went 6/6 and the understeer was not as pronounced, which makes me think that going 5/5 or even 5/4 might be optimal for a real track day. We'll see in October
Old 04-04-2015, 03:20 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Won't you be finding out more next week too?
Old 04-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Won't you be finding out more next week too?
haha...touche! That I will. I will definitely report back with a "dragon report" as well
Old 04-15-2015, 03:47 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the ride alongs, we have a friend of yours asking for them.

Thank you for the business.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Urge
Thanks for the ride alongs, we have a friend of yours asking for them.

Thank you for the business.
You're welcome, Patrick

Great customer service from Urge too
Old 04-16-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP updated. These things so far have been wonderful on the winding roads going home. Much more confidence inspiring. I'll still need to play a little with the shock settings to get the ride quality just for road vs track use.
This is really what matters most to me. I will never be a pro and each driver likes his car set up a certain way. I have always eves drop on Billman just get his input. It is worth more than guys who drop mad money on their car to go to parking lot and hard park it all night.

I did the Dragon just now and wanted to do it completely stock and on ALL seasons. Hankook ventus s1 noble2. While an OEM setup and all seasons did not inspire the most confidence, I was only just a couple of turns behind the more aggressive drivers.

Anyway, I have heard great things about these and am considering the purchase because like you, I don't like the monster truck look and want something a little bit stiffer. That's just how I like it .. yeah yeah yeah .. thats what she said lol

thanks for the post,bro.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Originally Posted by RedCelica' timestamp='1426564667' post='23543034
OP updated. These things so far have been wonderful on the winding roads going home. Much more confidence inspiring. I'll still need to play a little with the shock settings to get the ride quality just for road vs track use.
This is really what matters most to me. I will never be a pro and each driver likes his car set up a certain way. I have always eves drop on Billman just get his input. It is worth more than guys who drop mad money on their car to go to parking lot and hard park it all night.

I did the Dragon just now and wanted to do it completely stock and on ALL seasons. Hankook ventus s1 noble2. While an OEM setup and all seasons did not inspire the most confidence, I was only just a couple of turns behind the more aggressive drivers.

Anyway, I have heard great things about these and am considering the purchase because like you, I don't like the monster truck look and want something a little bit stiffer. That's just how I like it .. yeah yeah yeah .. thats what she said lol

thanks for the post,bro.
Worth every penny and I'd do it all over again
Old 04-17-2015, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worth every penny and I'd do it all over again
Nice. Question, did warranty play any role in your decision to get these? If so, could I trouble you for some details. I remember a buddy of mine that had a Tein setup saying it took forever to get a certain one back. Don't recall which model it was but I wan't to avoid that.

Quick Reply: My Ohlins review