New Ohlins DFV Road & Track Coilovers (HOS MI21)? - Page 3 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Brakes and Suspension
Reload this Page >

New Ohlins DFV Road & Track Coilovers (HOS MI21)?

Notices
S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.

New Ohlins DFV Road & Track Coilovers (HOS MI21)?

 
Old 10-19-2018, 02:23 PM
  #21  
 
noodels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 3,338
Thanked 55 Times in 54 Posts
Default

noodels is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 02:26 PM
  #22  
Community Organizer
 
Ricky_Flowers_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Springs
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by noodels View Post
LOL
Ricky_Flowers_ is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:14 PM
  #23  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 87
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well, I am struggling with understeering with the HOS MI20....And this also does not explain why the spring rates were changed. The preload problem is well known....
JagoBlitz is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:18 PM
  #24  
Community Organizer
 
Ricky_Flowers_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Springs
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JagoBlitz View Post
Well, I am struggling with understeering with the HOS MI20....And this also does not explain why the spring rates were changed. The preload problem is well known....
Could be due to your wheel/tire setup. I ran the off-the-shelf R&T a few years back and with a square setup and 200tw tires I was struggling with oversteer as the rear would run out of compression and hit the bump stops. The whole part about shortening the lower adjustment cup is great, as they basically copied Sakebomb's and Urge's homework.
Ricky_Flowers_ is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:14 PM
  #25  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 87
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_ View Post
Could be due to your wheel/tire setup. I ran the off-the-shelf R&T a few years back and with a square setup and 200tw tires I was struggling with oversteer as the rear would run out of compression and hit the bump stops. The whole part about shortening the lower adjustment cup is great, as they basically copied Sakebomb's and Urge's homework.
17" OEM tire setup... like Ohlins should have been used for testing.
JagoBlitz is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:57 PM
  #26  
Community Organizer
 
Ricky_Flowers_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Springs
Posts: 5,296
Thanked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JagoBlitz View Post
17" OEM tire setup... like Ohlins should have been used for testing.
Ohlins tailoring their setup for the majority of people who buy their kit, IE people with a square setup, isn't uncommon at all. The majority of people who buy these coilovers have also moved to a square setup, and they even said they tailored the kit to be more track-centric, so......
Ricky_Flowers_ is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:37 PM
  #27  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,250
Thanks: 0
Thanked 218 Times in 190 Posts
Default

There was not enough rear suspension travel, so we went with a softer spring. Um, huh?

They could have set more preload and shorter shock body and kept the same spring.

It sounds like they went from too much oversteer to too much understeer.
Car Analogy is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:14 AM
  #28  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 87
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_ View Post
Ohlins tailoring their setup for the majority of people who buy their kit, IE people with a square setup, isn't uncommon at all. The majority of people who buy these coilovers have also moved to a square setup, and they even said they tailored the kit to be more track-centric, so......
Not in Germany where I live...but that's another story.
JagoBlitz is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:14 AM
  #29  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 87
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Car Analogy View Post
There was not enough rear suspension travel, so we went with a softer spring. Um, huh?

They could have set more preload and shorter shock body and kept the same spring.

It sounds like they went from too much oversteer to too much understeer.
Yes, that's what I am thinking too.
JagoBlitz is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 AM
  #30  
Registered User
 
Berni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

@JagoBlitz I'm switching to Öhlins since I mostly drive my car om the street and occasionally on the track, therefore I think after reading a lot of comparisons that the R/T-kit would suit me better.
(And it's Always interesting to try new things)
I changed to them this weekend and I haven't had time to properly test them, just tested them at night on the road and it was foggy as hell outside but they feel a lot smoother that the KW's and the road.









Berni is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Berni For This Useful Post:
webroot (10-27-2018)

Quick Reply: New Ohlins DFV Road & Track Coilovers (HOS MI21)?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands