S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Rear Control Arms Help

Old 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Control Arms Help

Hey guys, I've recently spun out my car and whacked a curb, got extremely lucky in terms of how much damage was done, as I was traveling pretty fast. The biggest thing is my rear control arms are bent on both sides, got a front alignment already, now I need to fix the rear. I'm finding these parts used for approx. $100 each. I've also seen things like adjustable camber parts etc.

I'm not sure where to find the OEM parts new. How much will they cost new? Do those adjustable parts replace the ones I'm talking about? I want to get the best all around value from what I buy. Would you recommend purchasing aftermarket parts?

I own a MY02
Old 01-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you bent the control arms, you probably bent the knuckle as well.

Hondaautomotiveparts.com is a reputable source for all your OEM needs.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TankWookie
Hey guys, I've recently spun out my car and whacked a curb, got extremely lucky in terms of how much damage was done, as I was traveling pretty fast. The biggest thing is my rear control arms are bent on both sides, got a front alignment already, now I need to fix the rear. I'm finding these parts used for approx. $100 each. I've also seen things like adjustable camber parts etc.

I'm not sure where to find the OEM parts new. How much will they cost new? Do those adjustable parts replace the ones I'm talking about? I want to get the best all around value from what I buy. Would you recommend purchasing aftermarket parts?

I own a MY02
Im having the exact same issue (minus the spin out). I just got back from my alignment only to find that my driver side upper control arm and spindle (knuckle?) are tweaked. Not only this but is sounds like my subframe has also shifted slightly, collectively causing me to veer to the left slightly. My theory is that the previos owner hit a pretty big pothole. Anyway, Im contemplating replacing the control arm and spindle with hopefully good used OEM set ASAP. Is this okay? Is this a difficult job? Should I not buy a used control arm and spindle? Should I look for an aftermarket one? I found the arm and spindle for 200? What do you guys recommend?