S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ohlins Road and Track Review

Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you put any spacers in?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep us posted. I'm deciding between these and tein src evasive spec
Old 08-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

very nice pics
anyone have first hand experience with these and KW's....thinking of ditching my clubsports for these or AST's.
My problem i 'think' is springs not being stiff enough .....when I get my clubsports set to where it feels good in the smooth corners,..i take a turn with bumps and it skips. I know the rates are about the same but the single adjustable seem better to the average user.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
very nice pics
anyone have first hand experience with these and KW's....thinking of ditching my clubsports for these or AST's.
My problem i 'think' is springs not being stiff enough .....when I get my clubsports set to where it feels good in the smooth corners,..i take a turn with bumps and it skips. I know the rates are about the same but the single adjustable seem better to the average user.
The DFVs have a Super High Speed path specifically for that scenario, the tire can get up and done fast to reduce skipping. All other shocks have 2 oil paths for high and lowe speed, DFVs have a 3rd Super High Speed path which is basically a 2 way blow off valve.

This where the name comes from Dual Flow Valve (DFV), 2 way Super High Speed (Blow off) path for Fast Bumps or Bumps at High speeds, car simply stays settled..

Old 08-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
very nice pics
what spring rates yoir clubsports?
so you say springs are too soft but but skips on bumps?
i would say missconfiguration.

Ohlins should be good but i personally addicted to separate adjustability of bump/rebound...
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the stock springs on them. So 572lbs I believe. I am no pro at this and can only experiment with what is said online. But if I get it so the body roll is how I like...very little(comptech front sway on full stiff and 255s)...it will not handle bumpy corners well so I assume my rebound is too stiff. I am set at 3 from full stiff on bump and 5 and 7 from full stiff on rebound. I know this isnt a setup thread but those kw's are being sent back due to the rebound adjuster cap\seal coming loose and the o ring not sealing on top so I am probably gonna order new shocks and just sell the kw when they come back.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

5-7 rebound sounds very stiff - this is probably why the car bounces.
also adding huge sway creates more difficult environment for the dumper - sometimes the dumper gets overwhelmed.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I had CS's I ran them at two sweeps comp and rebound at 4-6. No problems with small bumps but larger bumps were an issue and it wasn't because they were too stiff.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JayPizzle
Me too. But I already have the Evasive SRC waiting to be installed and I am considering buying the DFV as well so I can try them back to back, but the problem with that is if I have both I will just want to sell them both and buy the Ohlins TTX.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by JayPizzle' timestamp='1376704609' post='22729137
Me too. But I already have the Evasive SRC waiting to be installed and I am considering buying the DFV as well so I can try them back to back, but the problem with that is if I have both I will just want to sell them both and buy the Ohlins TTX.
You have your answer.
I would still buy both so you can see the difference