S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ohlins Road and Track Review

Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surely I am going to try the stock springs before changing anything..

But as I currently run AST 4100 with 8kg/7kg, I find that the suspension/springs are inadequate for semislics in the track.
I didn't want to fiddle with the AST 4100 as it is a lower tier street suspension. It was never meant for track usage.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:36 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Not sure if you have search or read any other threads but I think Urge have commented about it before kotsapas, might have been others too.
The conclusion was that the valving will handle a slight (12/10) spring rate upgrade without any problems.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kotsapas
thank you for your responses..
I just ordered these (yesterday)..
I plan on racing with these on the track with very sticky semi-slicks.. i.e. Direzza DZ03G and Federal FZ201
I plan on changing the springs on a similar setup to Chugs..basically I am going to use the supplied front springs on the rear and and get a fresh stiffer set for the front..around 12kg/mm (672 - 728 lbs/in)

My question is, don't these coilovers need revalving with this spring change? or it is very near to manufacturer specs and its ok?
Urge design's input on this?
Sorry I missed this. These shock will handled 12/13 up front and 10 in the rear no problem. I would simply run them on the 10 stiffest settings on the track. We have sold 79 sets of S2000 DFVs and about 25 of those have upgraded to this combo with no issues.

Originally Posted by flanders
Not sure if you have search or read any other threads but I think Urge have commented about it before kotsapas, might have been others too.
The conclusion was that the valving will handle a slight (12/10) spring rate upgrade without any problems.
Thank you for noting this...

Old 09-20-2015, 11:16 PM

flanders, Urge thank you for clarifying this. Understood
Old 09-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

flanders, Urge thank you for clarifying this. Understood
No worries, have you already purchased the DFVs? We can take care of you on a good price if need be.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

Surely I am going to try the stock springs before changing anything..

But as I currently run AST 4100 with 8kg/7kg, I find that the suspension/springs are inadequate for semislics in the track.
I didn't want to fiddle with the AST 4100 as it is a lower tier street suspension. It was never meant for track usage.

With 13k/10k, I have my current damper settings at -3/-7 and the car seems to be doing well. I have been on Maxxis RC-1's for most of the year, which I corded after my last track day (~30 heat cycles) and really only corded them because I need more negative camber up front (currently at -3.4) and wore the outsides pretty good. I just picked up a set of BFG R1's and Hoosier R7's and plan to get another alignment (more negative camber and adding some toe out up front) before the next event.

I have been really happy with this setup so far, however, I will probably get them revalved this winter as I plan to do areo and go with stiffer springs.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:33 PM

A final update:

I did take these to a track day to test them out before removing them from the car. They were nothing short of fantastic. I have been lucky enough to own different brands of coilovers from various brands including Cusco, KW, but these are in a different category all together in terms of feel. I love them, and will be buying them again for future cars.

For what it's worth, they are now for sale as well. Click here for more information!