S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Brakes and Suspension (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/)
-   -   Pss9 out of stock everywhere?! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/pss9-out-stock-everywhere-1194129/)

team510 05-13-2019 03:26 PM

Pss9 out of stock everywhere?!

Anyone know where to get the Bilstein pss9’s at a decent price? Everywhere I have called is back ordered or can no longer get them... the few places that have them
on hand are way over priced.

Say Chi Sin Lo 05-13-2019 11:37 PM

Sounds like they've been perhaps discontinued?

Kyle 05-14-2019 01:29 AM

They're on national backorder.

Chibo 05-15-2019 12:37 PM

bilstein has had production issues for a while now

//steve\\ 05-17-2019 03:18 AM

You don't want them anyways. Too soft for any kind of real performance driving and the Ohlins are just as comfy on the road. The S2000 is one of the few cars where this shock isn't really an upgrade in performance. It will let you lower the car and they'll ride real nice but the spring rates are just far too soft if you actually enjoy driving the car hard.

Car Analogy 05-17-2019 11:34 AM

...But for street and occasional track use, as replacements for worn stock suspension, they're excellent. Stiffer than any year stock suspension. Cheaper than Ohlins. Infinitly revalvable. Can be made to perform at very high level. Off the shelf damping supports higher spring rates if desired.

Its getting harder to find used stock stuff in decent shape. Choices that are as good or better than stock, with a reasonably long service life, on a budget, are surprisingly difficult to find.

If you dd and don't want downtime every 2-3 years waiting for rebuilt suspension turnaround, not many solid choices. PSS fill that niche well.

THMotorsports 05-28-2019 11:50 AM

They're only marginally stiffer than some stock spring rates, but they lack compression damping compared to stock shocks.

The PSS9 are actually more difficult to valve (than the PSS) because of the bleed needle arrangement they use for the adjuster. Revalving and gas charging these is quite costly. I used to run these, they actually rode BETTER with stiffer springs on the stock valving, and got better once I had them revalved, but they never quite worked the way I wanted to them to (mostly autocross and track use). I think there are other options that ride well without the super soft spring rates.

Car Analogy 05-29-2019 03:17 AM

They got better with stiffer springs because they more closely matched the stiff damping.

RAizzle 05-29-2019 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by THMotorsports (Post 24606588)
They're only marginally stiffer than some stock spring rates, but they lack compression damping compared to stock shocks.

The PSS9 are actually more difficult to valve (than the PSS) because of the bleed needle arrangement they use for the adjuster. Revalving and gas charging these is quite costly. I used to run these, they actually rode BETTER with stiffer springs on the stock valving, and got better once I had them revalved, but they never quite worked the way I wanted to them to (mostly autocross and track use). I think there are other options that ride well without the super soft spring rates.

What spring rates did you run? I have PSS9 and have been debating between swapping springs or just saving up for Ohlins.