S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Rotors

Old 02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

on my old 96 honda accord i blew some power slot rotors to pieces in the mountains.. junk imho.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

napa or centric rotors

ap1 brake pads

ate, motul, greddy, ap racing, endless, etc brake fluid

stock lines

stock calipers
Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATE ROTORS
Akebono Street Performance Pads
GoodRidge SS lines
DOT 4 fluid

works like a champ
Old 02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rob.ok,Feb 5 2010, 05:39 PM
I just use the google shopping tool to look for the lowest price with shipping. I forget how much they run, but you can find them for like +/- $35 bucks with cheap shipping too. It doesn't really matter what rotors you use...cheap is always the best. Just buy plain rotors with no slots or drilled holes and think of them as a wear item.

BTW if you ever order brake pads from Carbotech you can also order replacement centric rotors through them all at the same time for really cheap.

-Rob
Does anyone know the difference btw the centric premiums vs their standard ones (C-tek)?
Old 02-16-2010, 03:56 PM

Im interested in why the rotors are "wear items" yes they wear but ive never heard of needing to replace them except when they got really grooved/damaged after many years.

With the above stated my dealership told me today that they i had to get new break pads and they were needing to "turn my rotors" as they were grooved. THis is a 06 Certified s2000 why the hell would a certified car under warranty need new rotors (not covered by warranty they said). i dont drive it hard and it was like that when i got it from said dealership.

additionally which is better to buy new rotors and pads and do the work myself (ive rebuilt the breaks on 3 cars now) or do what the dealership said should be done. New pads and they'll turn the rotors for a small fee of $458 after tax.

Also any suggestions on rotors and pads. i read that the Centric Premium are decent and oem pads are good? I dont want to have to get new rotors every time i get new pads tho
Old 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM

rotors are just metal. i bet 90 percent of you won't be able to utilize the difference, if any, between quality and cheap rotors.

that said, ebay ftw got a set of front and rear for 135 shipped
Old 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM

I should add that while i drive quite conservatively on the road i do AutoX my S every month.

Altho from what i understand if the ABS comes on then theres no need for a break upgrade.

Im just after info as my budget shrinks every week at this rate and im gonna need to do this all soonish 2 months max if i want to be able to have the cash for it and not credit
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM

^ then if you do autox then i'd still suggest getting the cheapest rotor you can find. the pad is what'll improve braking that YOU will be able to feel. axxis, and stoptech i've both personally used and are on the cheap side of performance pads. however, neither have been able to stay cool after 30 minutes straight on a track for me so i just got some ebc yellow stuff (their redstuff should be similar to axxis ult and stoptech and hawk) and i'm hoping those can hold up. so i'd recommend trying axxis, stoptech, hawk, or a similar street/racing performance pad and check if you like it. if not, then move on to a raceing performance pad. good luck
Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k,Feb 15 2010, 05:06 PM
Does anyone know the difference btw the centric premiums vs their standard ones (C-tek)?
Here you go.

CTek rotors are entry level, value priced rotors (the market at large installs some 80% value priced rotors vs. premium rotors).

Centric Premium rotors are engineered by Centric, in-house. They feature e-coating finish, are balanced, non-directional finish, OE casting designs and manufacturing technology.

They use CMM's (coordinate measuring machines) to insure that they adhere to OE casting designs and fitments (I have seem some of the CMM's. myself).
Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM

IMO, the stock pads and rotors suck, I never liked them, I had rotora slotted with axxis ult and you could tell a difference in initial stopping bite. I am waiting on my new setup, powerslots (actually ordered stoptech but said screw it) and endless NS97 pads. Hoping that the new setup is low dust and has good initial bite.

Quick Reply: Rotors