S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

S2000 Control arm bushings

Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Control arm bushings

Guys, I've literally scoured the entire Interwebs and found no suitable bushing rebuild kit for our control arms for under $450. The companies I've look at include Hardrace, Polybush (UK), PowerFlex, Mugen, Spoon, Asura, and others.

This one company called Energy Suspension offers universal bushings based on durometer, diameters, widths, lengths, etc.
http://www.energysuspension.com/univ...isolators.html

I need someone to take some measurements of their bushings or of an aftermarket bushing so I can determine what sizes I need. I will mix and match based on other cars if I have to as long as I get the right size bushing. Of all the control arms in the world, there's got to be a listing of alternative rubber or polyurethane bushings than $450 a set.

Cheers!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Ummm, not to be obtuse, but, any reason you can't measure your own?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by TTMartin
Ummm, not to be obtuse, but, any reason you can't measure your own?
Mine have been through 122k miles. I'm pretty sure whatever measurements I make will be grossly inaccurate. I'd like some measurements on some brand new bushings. I've been shopping and I see bushing kits for civics and integras that cost $150 for all control arms. Kits for our cars cost $450 up to $900. Not a single one is OEM compliant. They are all for track and racing. I'm just looking to build an option for all those people out there who want a daily driver bushing replacement similar to OEM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by s2kflorida
Mine have been through 122k miles. I'm pretty sure whatever measurements I make will be grossly inaccurate. I'd like some measurements on some brand new bushings.
Despite the fact that your bushings may be worn out, that doesn't change the key dimensions you'd need in order to look for universal bushings. The inner diameter of the control arm (with or without the OE bushing sleeve) bores, bushing length (can measure control arm dimension, as well), and inner bushing sleeve dimensions are going to be the key characteristics you're interested in. You don't really need the OE rubber in place to get accurate measurements, just the hardware the bushings would be in contact with.

If there are universal bushings that will fit the bill, more power to you. My guess is that bushings available in 1/8" increments will not fit well enough to make it worth your while. But, I could be wrong...in which case we'd all like to see your findings! Good luck.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad some else feels this way. WTH is so different about our control arms that make bushings so expensive? Prothane or Energy Suspension needs to step up and make a sensible kit.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by MP2k
Glad some else feels this way. WTH is so different about our control arms that make bushings so expensive? Prothane or Energy Suspension needs to step up and make a sensible kit.

Problem solved.....

http://www.powerflexusa.com/
Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JunD
Originally Posted by MP2k' timestamp='1316211018' post='20980534

Problem solved.....

http://www.powerflexusa.com/
No, that IS the problem. They want $600 for all the bushings and that doesn't even include the rear compliance bushing that they don't make.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM

In that case, it doesn't hurt to call or Email them to see if they are in the market to building a kit for our cars.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know which bushings you are looking for but I too am frustrated with lack of selection for suspension bushings. I did discover today the rear upper bushings are sold by honda and are the same dimensions as the front upper bushings. What I can't find out is if they are the same durometer? If you found anything new please let me know.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 AM

bump for this thread.. any one know of any kits?

Quick Reply: S2000 Control arm bushings