S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

S2000 Control arm bushings

Old 01-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for going AWOL folks. I've been slammed at work and now that holidays are over, I have time and money to invest in my car again. I've talked to a company out in Cali, whom I can't remember the name of now, that is willing to build a kit for our cars with rubber OEM compliant. They mentioned that our cars aren't really old enough yet to need them, but with the new year coming in and my 2000 model turning 12, I think it's about time they get started. My bushings are definitely shot!

I offered to use my car as a test car if they give me a free kit after the R&D is done. This means I'll have to either pay for all the labor or do the install labor myself. Either way, even after labor, I should get out cheaper than the $600-$1000 kits out there by Powerflex, King, Hardrace, and Spoon.

Hopefully by mid-year I'll have some trial parts, and maybe by end of the year or next year, we may start seeing the complete kits sell. If I get this done, I'll be setting up a group buy. However, this is all optimistic yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything from the company. I'll have to search my old emails for the phone number and ring them up again.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 AM

This is what I don't understand:
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=386

$279 for integra full Hardrace bushing kit.

But the S2000 bushings from Hardrace add up to over $1600. The Spoon bushings are $880 from GoTuning. The Mugen bushings are $840.

I feel like these companies are just price gouging. I need OE replacement because my bushings are worn.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by yumad
bump for this thread.. any one know of any kits?
Spoon:
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=318

Mugen:
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=873
http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=876

Hardrace are too expensive and not worth it.

Powerflex (polyurethane):
http://store.powerflexusa.com/honda-...hings-p75.aspx
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 AM

I've been in contact with Powerflex USA who already makes a polyurethane kit for our cars. I plan to order a set and conduct a DIY to for self installation including video/step-by-step images on how to install from home using hand tools. My plan is to negotiate a group buy/kit discount with them once I garner some interest.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you think hard race are not worth it? Mugen bushings are similar in design to oem as they are a harder bushing material. I bought and installed several hard race bushings. I think what most people don't understand about them is that they are actually bearings! No binding, no preload and easier to install than oem style bushings. They aren't exactly cheap but I do expect them to last quite a while, even on the street as they are sealed by a rubber boot that should keep out water and dirt. Not ideal for a street driven car as they transmit a fair amount of road noise as well as feedback from the suspension.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by AVAS
Why do you think hard race are not worth it? Mugen bushings are similar in design to oem as they are a harder bushing material. I bought and installed several hard race bushings. I think what most people don't understand about them is that they are actually bearings! No binding, no preload and easier to install than oem style bushings. They aren't exactly cheap but I do expect them to last quite a while, even on the street as they are sealed by a rubber boot that should keep out water and dirt. Not ideal for a street driven car as they transmit a fair amount of road noise as well as feedback from the suspension.

Because a full set of Hard Race bushings is over $1,600!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Guys, I've successfully negotiated a group buy to happen this week Jan 24-Jan??.

Please go to this thread: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/922...#entry21332174
Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kflorida
Originally Posted by AVAS' timestamp='1327273693' post='21341709

Do you really feel you need all the bushings at the same time. I replaced the compliance bushings on the front and all the upper control arm bushings front and rear. I don't believe I spent more than $750 and it made a world of difference on my car with 220,ooo miles.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by AVAS
Originally Posted by s2kflorida' timestamp='1327381564' post='21346109
[quote name='AVAS' timestamp='1327273693' post='21341709']

Do you really feel you need all the bushings at the same time. I replaced the compliance bushings on the front and all the upper control arm bushings front and rear. I don't believe I spent more than $750 and it made a world of difference on my car with 220,ooo miles.
[/quote]

Well, I successfully negotiated a group discount for the next two weeks with PowerFlex and Evasive motorsports. Please see my link above or check the top of the suspension thread. I got all the control arm bushings they had available for $370.