S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Brakes and Suspension (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/)
-   -   Springs - Espelir vs. Eibach (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-brakes-suspension-249/springs-espelir-vs-eibach-468720/)

dthondatune 03-07-2007 07:14 AM

Springs - Espelir vs. Eibach

I'm about to order my set of springs, and have them installed by Billman.
O{ver the past few weeks I've searched and compared pictures of S2000's lowered on both different types of spring.
The Espelir gives me the drop I'm looking for with 18" wheels.
However, I've owned Eibach springs on other cars before, and I was happy with the ride quality as compared to stock.

How is the ride on the Espelir springs?

Quality-wise, will the springs last a long time, or wear-out my shocks at an accelerated rate?

Any noises or clicks associated with either set of springs?

Thanks ya'll

sprix! 03-07-2007 07:30 AM

Any time you change to lowering springs, your stock shocks will decrease their lifespan. But, it is not going to wear them out in a couple of weeks like many people here seem to think. (that is, unless you have high mileage on the original shocks, more on that later...) The stock shocks are very strong and well designed. They are just not designed to be used in conjunction with lowering springs over a long period of time.
PS- the stock shocks don't last forever. It is recommended by most that shocks be changed after 50k miles.
With that said, people who have older cars, with more miles, that change to lowering springs will sometimes note a quicker degradation than people with newer cars with fewer miles.
I have Eibachs on my car right now. The ride quality is a bit softer than stock in this appplication, though I have no complaints. It gave me just the drop I was looking for without slamming it. I suspect that I got a bit more than an inch however. No odd noises or clicks here.
Isn't the Espilir drop rather severe relative to Eibach? It seems odd to be cross-shopping products with such a difference in result...

WashabiS2K 03-07-2007 08:42 AM

i love my espelirs, even though i was on the fence and seeing if i could get a set of eibachs or swifts, but that was only because i was rubbing in the back due to my offsets and tire size. i am running espelirs with koni yellows and i love the ride. it is a bit harsh (front and rear shocks set to almost 100% stiffness due to rubbing), but the cornering balance and stability makes up for the stiff back after riding on the freeway. :thumbup: whichever you choose, both are good springs. :hello:

also, i believe the espelir springs have a stiffer spring rate than the eibachs, if that info helps.

milkbubble 03-07-2007 10:07 AM

I had both and am on Espelir now. I wish I was on Eibach right now because I feel im too low for NYC.

S2K23 03-07-2007 10:21 AM

Eibach :thumbup:

HowS2kru 03-07-2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by milkbubble,Mar 7 2007, 11:07 AM
I had both and am on Espelir now. I wish I was on Eibach right now because I feel im too low for NYC.

i agree...but it looks soo damn good...and the ride is amazingg!!

Rusted_nailz 03-07-2007 10:44 AM

Espiler FTW, nice drop and ride is barely stiffer than stock.

stooken 03-07-2007 10:58 AM

the eibach's probably wont give you the drop that you want.

milkbubble 03-07-2007 12:14 PM

Your alignment is something you may want to consider. On my rear end. I was only able to get -3 degrees camber equal to both sides. I couldnt get any more positive than that. Its ok with me because I auto X the car.

s2kshift9k 03-07-2007 12:15 PM

Espelirs