S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Suspension mods

Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension mods

Here's the place to discuss the front page article about suspension modifications. Post your questions, answers, comments, and reviews here.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:39 PM

where's your research and why not site your sources?
Old 06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Kel

Originally Posted by Tyraid2K,Jun 9 2006, 04:39 PM
where's your research and why not site your sources?
Does this matter? What don't you agree with?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im lost here, i heard that installing a 1'' drop with some Eibach springs would lower center of gravity and increase handling stiffness and response... and that article says they will only do the opposite- so dont install them?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterEz,Jun 9 2006, 03:52 PM
Does this matter? What don't you agree with?
Yeah, what the hell do you want actual documentation for????

I think it's a perfectly reasonable question - wanting to know the data behind the opinion. It may be an informal, laid back site, but having some sort of place to go for more info, and add credibility to the opinions would be helpful.

That strikes me as really funny that he would be called out for asking the author to back up the writing.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:51 PM

Comment:

I read the title and was looking forward to the article only to be disappointed after reading it. It only covered springs and dampers in a basic sense. And what about the rest of the suspension? I felt like it was suspension cliff notes
Old 06-09-2006, 04:56 PM

I just installed the Bilstein PSS9 coilovers on my car last two weeks ago and let me tell you...i'm very glad that i did it...the handling is so much better now than before and I can adjust the damping and compression rate w/ just turn on a knob and I can get them stiff or they can be soft. This is one of my best modification that I did on my car.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:02 PM

Seems pretty vague/common sense to me, though it's a good summation of what you'll get by reading these boards. Seems to profess the commonly-held opinions on S2Ki and other sites that springs are for looks alone, springs/shocks are a cheap route to not screw up handling, and full coilovers are the preferred route for enhanced performance.

What would really help is some hard data that shows the true effects of what many believe: i.e. specific handling tests of the stock suspension vs. one w/ springs only vs. coilovers. Standard handling tests - skidpad, slalom, emergency lane change, etc. But I doubt that will happen any time soon...
Old 06-09-2006, 05:47 PM

what are the factory spring rates?

I installed a set of coilover on my s2k and the ride was worse The set i had which i will not mention had 1200lbs spring rates which i thought was cazy. no matter how much i messed with the damping i could not get them to balance out or ride correct.

How would the ride and handleing be with factory springs and a set of Koni yellow.
The only goal i am trying to achieve is to elimate wheel gap. i believe the Koni yellows have an adjustable perch that will do what i want it to do
Old 06-09-2006, 06:46 PM

i think we need to start seeing some sources on these articles. i find them interesting and they have some good data, but there are MANY claims made that seem to me are personal opinion. if thats the case, please note that this is your opinion, if not, please post sources. I would like some good concrete evidence that shows a set of $3,000 coilovers performing better than $8,000 coilovers rather than just an opinion

Quick Reply: Suspension mods