S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Suspension mods

Old 06-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm can anyone tell me why the forum market is ALWAYS sold out of the blistein sets, are they like made by god?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Jun 9 2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah, what the hell do you want actual documentation for????

I think it's a perfectly reasonable question - wanting to know the data behind the opinion. It may be an informal, laid back site, but having some sort of place to go for more info, and add credibility to the opinions would be helpful.

That strikes me as really funny that he would be called out for asking the author to back up the writing.
thank you harpoon...
It's traditional to always site sources as a framing for any sort of technically factual writing that would be done. Otherwise it gets the same credit as an opinion peace. Sorry, college did this to me.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:53 PM

Asure you have a PM
Old 06-10-2006, 05:54 PM

by the way i am selling them if any one is interested in trade for oem plus cash
Old 06-10-2006, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone please correct the spelling of 'coilover' in that article.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:15 PM

i purchased tien rs for my s2k and i think they are a very good set of coilovers if your trying to upgrade the suspension. too bad they are discontinued
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM

the tein RS coilovers are discontinued? i see otherwise! unless i'm wrong =0P
Old 06-11-2006, 01:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think they got rid of the RS and RA and just released the super racing which just looks like the RS
Old 06-11-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by smracer31,Jun 9 2006, 07:46 PM
I would like some good concrete evidence that shows a set of $3,000 coilovers performing better than $8,000 coilovers rather than just an opinion
I don't recall the article saying anything about a $3k system outperforming an $8k one, but it may have been somehow encrypted in there so I missed it.

It was merely meant to be a very general primer about different suspension mods and the basics about them. This thread is the place to get technical.

For the guy with the 1200lb springs... Can you say OVERKILL??!! 850 is the stiffest I ever went and that was on a full race S2k on slicks. (That was certainly never driven on the street!) I think Richard has switched to 1000lb in the Grey Ghost, but even that seems a bit excessive.

As far as providing sources for data... there was very little data presented. The only preference expressed was that the KW V3 was perhaps the most bang for the buck suspension out there. That doesn't mean it's the best, it just means that I felt it was the best value for the $$ spent.

Yes the article was based on opinion, but it's a pretty experienced opinion. I've driven S2000s on the track with stock, Ohlins, Penskes, Buddy Clubs, Teins, Konis, Bilsteins, JRZs, Motons, and KWs, as well as stock with a number of different aftermarket springs. While I'm not the fastest out there, I am able to recognize the differences in the various suspension setups. I tried to keep the bulk of my opinions out of the article as they were in fact just opinion, and I wanted to keep it pretty basic. For those interested in more factless opinion... (just personal preference) read on...

Personally, I think the Motons and JRZs are phenomenal and probably the best out there. (I haven't tried the top of the line Penske or Ohlin setups, so they might well be as good) I was never personally impressed by any of the offerings from Buddy Club or Tein, but I hear that the new high end Teins are very comparable to the KW V3 and perhaps even a tad better. I haven't found a set of single adjustables that I thought was really an improvement on the track, but they can make the ride a bit smoother.

The only setup that I thought cam close to the performance of the Moton/JRZs was the KWs. Are they as good? No, but at less than half the price, they're way more than half as good.

Back to the flaming...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:44 PM

This is a question for anyone who knows. What is a good spring for use with the Koni yellows? I was looking at Swift, Eibach and espeilir springs. Which one would be best? or does it matter? Basically, I want to lower my car to get rid of that fugly gap but I don't want to decrease my suspension performance. I am not really down with spending 2K on the KW's because I don't know much about adjusting suspensions outside of Gran Turismo 4. As a side question is it a good idea to use 225/45/17's size tire in the front and 255/45/17's in the rear?

Quick Reply: Suspension mods