S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

TESO Sports Coilovers (pictures)

Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rev_high_er,Oct 20 2009, 02:08 PM
crap crap crap! thats all i hear when someone doesnt spend BIG money on parts.

f-it. once you get them installed PLEASE come back and give us some feed back on ride, and performance because, im sure im not just speaking for myself when i say, NOT ALL OF US WANT TO OR HAVE 1.5K TO THROW INTO OUR CAR.

at 21.... i have other priorities!

i hope yhey work out.
It's become a sad day when a s2000 owner barely has enough for gas money.

Anyways, look at it this way. Honda wanted to make a car that will do very well on the track course.

So they put in time and effort into making good suspension parts, brakes, engine etc.

Now take your engine and put.. IDK a Hyundia Pony 1.4 litre engine making 75 HP economy POS. Do you think you've just made progress?? Well your doing that to the suspension.

Get Eibach springs save yourself 250
Old 10-20-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, if you're going to take this cheap mentality, take it to a civic or some other econo build 1+ million at the cheapest price point possible and put any cheap coilover you wish to use. It will be better then the OEM one for performance because the oem one wasn't built for performance.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Oct 20 2009, 11:33 AM
It's become a sad day when a s2000 owner barely has enough for gas money.

Anyways, look at it this way. Honda wanted to make a car that will do very well on the track course.

So they put in time and effort into making good suspension parts, brakes, engine etc.

Now take your engine and put.. IDK a Hyundia Pony 1.4 litre engine making 75 HP economy POS. Do you think you've just made progress?? Well your doing that to the suspension.

Get Eibach springs save yourself 250
i completely understand what you mean. the car has been built very well. the guy has already purchased the coilovers so i WANT SOME FEED BACK. the amount of money spent doesnt alwasy mean it will be a cheap product (in most cases yes) but, there is still that slight possibility.

i dont think that i have a "chap mentality" im just wanting feed back on a less expensive product, and hoping that it will improve performance even by a bit.

i can, just choose not to spend over 1.5k on suspension because my car will never see the track.

$550 for a drop and a bit of improvement over stock would be nice.

maybe im cheap but then again, at 21 im a HOME OWNER which is where my priorities are.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by rev_high_er,Oct 20 2009, 10:08 AM
crap crap crap! thats all i hear when someone doesnt spend BIG money on parts.

f-it. once you get them installed PLEASE come back and give us some feed back on ride, and performance because, im sure im not just speaking for myself when i say, NOT ALL OF US WANT TO OR HAVE 1.5K TO THROW INTO OUR CAR.

at 21.... i have other priorities!

i hope yhey work out.
100% I'm twenty n tryin to pay off my car so I can start my building process so I can't spend like the big ballers can so if these r really good I might pick up a set or jus save a lil more n get some Megan coilovers
Old 10-20-2009, 12:40 PM

you get em rev_high_er ! haha i like the come back with the house!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test them out, just because they are cheap doesnt mean they will not hold up. U have pics of them?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by s2kZac,Oct 20 2009, 08:00 AM
TESO not Tesco Sorry

I just bought some Teso Sports Coilovers my s2000, im getting them put on sunday.
Has anyone ever gotten these?

Also are they any good?

i bought them for 550 dollars from 1320engineering.net(go buy if you want)

Also what adjustments are good for my car, like im thinking about slamming it on its nuts and doing -1 cambers

Give me your advice
1. Who?

2. If you're gonna "slam" it, then suspension adjustments are...well your suspension geometry is gonna be ****ed anyway, so who cares?

3. Isn't stock camber settings -1.0F, -1.5R? You're planning to decrease your negative camber after slamming the car?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by s2kZac,Oct 20 2009, 12:40 PM
you get em rev_high_er ! haha i like the come back with the house!
i dont intend this to turn into a; who has more money discussion because im positive there is always some one who makes more.

i just dont understand some of the useless comments some poeple leave here. ive been on a couple forums before and they were all helpfull and productive.

some just like bashing or making fun of others. Other HAVE been very helpful.

i realize there is nothing we can do to change this but, come on people. im on here to learn about the car and get some feed back on aftermarket improvements for it.

point being, this isnt were my money goes and that wont change.

for some of us its family, school, vacations exct.

if i can build a car with 2k to perform at about 85% of the person spending 5k on his, IM ALL FOR IT! (even if i have of the shelf, or no name brand mods)

but, maybe thats just me...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread made my head hurt.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wont knock them untill they're tried out.

i do agree with the aforementioned, it gets old quick hearing the bandwagon stroll in with the typical "its cheap so it sucks" jargon. however, half the time the bandwagon is right.

OP - update the thread after a few days and let us know what you think. im curious to know if theyre any good or if they suck.

Quick Reply: TESO Sports Coilovers (pictures)