S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

TESO Sports Coilovers (pictures)

Old 10-21-2009, 07:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's common sense.. It takes money to make a quality product.

Poor quality seals, shims, valves, alloy, shafts will reduce the cost, but reduce the quality.

So how long would you expect these to last until they begin to leak?

A small company can't mass produce something, therefore the costs are higher.

Small companies are good at making a very good piece of hardware at a very high cost.

Unless this coilover is made in a sweat shop with 2.00 /hr labour, then at that point what kind of quality are you going to expect for 500?

Common sense also tells me that companies that sell product lower then there cost will not make any money. Perhaps you found the one company that has more money then brains and want to give away good coilovers for below cost.

Either way, good luck. I would recommend spending Bilstein, KW, Apexi, BC or Koni+GC btw, and they won't break the bank and weaksauce has the Koni's for about 900 or so.

Save yourself some money and get the Eibach springs and get 1" drop on good OEM shocks atleast you'll get 40K miles+.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

lol...this is going to end badly.

A car slammed "on it's nuts" with "-1 cambers" on $500 sweatshop coilovers.

It'll ride fine for the first little while. I think I'd rather spend the extra money to get something worthwhile rather than THROW AWAY $500 on something you're going to put in the garbage in a few months anyway.

You could have just waited 2 months and put the $500 in the trash. It would have saved you the pain of installing them on the car.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Oct 21 2009, 07:40 AM
It's common sense.. It takes money to make a quality product.

Poor quality seals, shims, valves, alloy, shafts will reduce the cost, but reduce the quality.

So how long would you expect these to last until they begin to leak?

A small company can't mass produce something, therefore the costs are higher.

Small companies are good at making a very good piece of hardware at a very high cost.

Unless this coilover is made in a sweat shop with 2.00 /hr labour, then at that point what kind of quality are you going to expect for 500?

Common sense also tells me that companies that sell product lower then there cost will not make any money. Perhaps you found the one company that has more money then brains and want to give away good coilovers for below cost.

Either way, good luck. I would recommend spending Bilstein, KW, Apexi, BC or Koni+GC btw, and they won't break the bank and weaksauce has the Koni's for about 900 or so.

Save yourself some money and get the Eibach springs and get 1" drop on good OEM shocks atleast you'll get 40K miles+.
there's a member on here with megan coilovers. he's had them on the car for over 50k miles, tracks the car often and has performed well with them (from what ive read).

there's always exceptions to the rule, however your statement is generally true.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, but at least Megan is a company people have heard of, and not something built in a basement in Taiwan utilizing slave labor like these seem to be
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^ also if im not mistaken (and i very well may be) they are made by the same people who make the Apex'i coilovers
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Oct 20 2009, 06:51 AM
msrp means 0

a product that will show you a dyno chart with a history of experience is the only way to know how well the shock will perform
how the F do you dyno suspension?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

by putting them on a rig and have them tested...
Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 AM

s2k elitists, I love it.

Go with that you can afford man. Some people just don't understand priorities or pretend to live beyond their means, etc. I'm not calling anyone out, but EVERYBODY has their own priorities. I'm 21 as well. I'm making payments on the car myself and am paying my insurance. I have no JDM parts on my car, no expensive intake, suspension, etc.

But you know what? I enjoy the crap out of my car. I put 31k miles on it in the first year of ownership. Countless mountain runs (about once a month) , an autox, etc. Three sets of tires, 7 oil changes, 3 tranny/diff flushes.

Have it, enjoy it for what it is, and do things to it as you see fit. Who cares what everyone else thinks.

Sure the coilovers might not be the best, but if you're not tracking your car, etc, then does it really matter? I laugh at all these people with JDM this, JDM that, but then are afraid to even drive their cars in the rain, let alone take them to tracks or even to the mountains.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 PM

Thumbs down

alright well i dont think im gonna slam it anymore and im gonna be installing them this saturday or sunday

im gonna drop it like 1.5 - 2 inches cause i dont think i will be able to get over the speed bumps.

-what do yall wanna know about the coilovers? like review questions.
tell me so i can tell you

im gonna make a video on the coilovers and whip the car a couple of times and show yall they are good.

i will be posting a new thread called -----TESO COILOVERS INSTALLED-----

soo look for it prolly sunday night will be the latest i will post it unless somthing happens

thanks
-Zach

This would be badass if this became a sticky
Old 10-21-2009, 02:34 PM

ok well im not on a tight budget its just im 18 and have no job and all i got is 550 dollars to spend freely parents pay for matience and tires so it really doesnt matter , im trusting 1320engineering because hes putting these on his evo. also if they sucked he would give me a refund but thats only for me not anyone else cause i know him personally

Quick Reply: TESO Sports Coilovers (pictures)