S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Thinking coilovers, what brand should I buy?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking coilovers, what brand should I buy?

Hi everyone I'm in the process of building up my s, iv been wanting to buy a coilover setup to lower and slightly improve the handling. I of course don't wanna loose drivability. My budget is around 1500. There are a bunch of mixed opinions and many choices to choose from. If anyone would like to voice there opinion.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with bilstein pss9 or if you find a set of kw v3 used. I have kwv3 and love them but, also hear great things about the pss9's.

Others want to chime in.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The S2ki go to in that price range is the Bilstein PSS9 or the KWV3. Ride quality is great from both of them.

If I can help with anything, let me know.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ISC makes some very nice coilovers, but I never see anyone talking about them. I am using them on my track-only car (SCCA EP) and they have been great. They are aluminum and single adjustable, but are also height adjustable. The last that I looked at pricing you would have some money left over from your $1500 budget.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM

You have to be more specific than that man...

What are you building your car specifically for? Auto x, circuit, mt runs?
Will this also be your dd? If so, how are the roads in your area?
How important to you is ride quality?
You plan on slamming it or having a 1" drop?

All these questions factor into what kind of coilover setup is right for you. Also, try the search feature on here...a lot of data could be had from reading previous threads about this. Take your time & research before buying a coilover setup.

I'm on Buddy Club RSDs (+/-)$1500. I love them! They do exactly what I need them to do. Perfect for my spirited runs, and gives me the flexibility to withstand some of the poor road conditions around my area. All while giving me the stance I desire.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

I've been struggling with this same question myself. I can't decide between a GC/Koni setup or forking over the extra money for KWV3's. Considering a GC/Koni setup is literally half the price of the KWV3's makes them enticing, but I don't want to end up wanting to upgrade the GC/Konis down the road.. Tough call..
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
I've been struggling with this same question myself. I can't decide between a GC/Koni setup or forking over the extra money for KWV3's. Considering a GC/Koni setup is literally half the price of the KWV3's makes them enticing, but I don't want to end up wanting to upgrade the GC/Konis down the road.. Tough call..

What are you priorities for them? Going low? Ride Quality? Adjustments? Pice? Etc. Figure out what you want the most and prioritize them from most important to least important.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
What are you priorities for them? Going low? Ride Quality? Adjustments? Pice? Etc. Figure out what you want the most and prioritize them from most important to least important.
Priorities are Ride Quality, Price, Adjustments. Going low. I only want an inch drop max. Having a good riding/well setup suspension is high on my list of priorities, of course it comes at a price. I sent you a PM, could you shoot me a price for KWV3s? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the input, I don't wanna drop it to much at first, the roads are ok around here I've had dropped cars b4 I know how to watch out lol, I don't wanna compromise my driveability over anything I'd like to keep it the same and drop and stiffen it a bit, it's my weekend car I have a dd, I haven't looked into tracking it at all as of now.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

fortune 500s w/ swifts

Quick Reply: Thinking coilovers, what brand should I buy?