S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb
View Poll Results: what spring shold I go with?
Eibach
18.99%
SKUNK 2
4.65%
MEGAN RACING
5.81%
SWIFT
25.58%
TEIN S.TECH
15.50%
TANABE NF210
1.16%
Espelir
28.29%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

what Suspension setup should I do?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what Suspension setup should I do?

Hey everyone... I own a 2007 Honda s2k lol and I live on Long Island N.Y....

It's time for me to lower her. I want to do everything the right way . So that's why I was thinking doing a coilover setup but prob will just do springs.. It's going to be for everyday drivin and for comfort but, I want it to be to low. Don't want to it mess my bumper up and would like it to ride like stock or better.

If everyone can please post what is the best spring that's out .. ..

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you get flamed, what's your budget and is this for looks or tracking/autoX
Old 02-21-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U,Feb 21 2008, 07:36 PM
Before you get flamed, what's your budget and is this for looks or tracking/autoX
I don't really have a budget ... So I don't mind spending the money on Sus.. I would say for now just for looks and comfort but, who knows laterrrr if I want to take it to the track or just learning how to drift lol..

Should I get coilovers or just like springs/struts
Old 02-21-2008, 06:50 PM

First of all, the car comes with an EXCELLENT coilover setup from the factory. If you want to just lower it I would suggest either Eibach Pro Kit or Swift springs. If you just have money to play around and want to actually improve on the car's handling, then I suggest KW V3's. They are excellent coilovers w/ external oil reservoirs on all shocks.

many people also like Bilstein PSS9's.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalIsMyLife,Feb 21 2008, 07:50 PM
First of all, the car comes with an EXCELLENT coilover setup from the factory. If you want to just lower it I would suggest either Eibach Pro Kit or Swift springs. If you just have money to play around and want to actually improve on the car's handling, then I suggest KW V3's. They are excellent coilovers w/ external oil reservoirs on all shocks.

many people also like Bilstein PSS9's.
For know I don't think I'm going to do any hard handling lol.. Just really for looks and comfort I think.. If I do springs should I do struts also?

It would be a wast of money if I do buy coilovers and don't use them for what they are meant for? Just though if I did coilovers everything would be better ride/comfort and plus I can change the height.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hondata1,Feb 21 2008, 11:58 PM
For know I don't think I'm going to do any hard handling lol.. Just really for looks and comfort I think.. If I do springs should I do struts also?

It would be a wast of money if I do buy coilovers and don't use them for what they are meant for? Just though if I did coilovers everything would be better ride/comfort and plus I can change the height.
It wouldn't be a waste of money if you spend the money now on a nice set of coilovers. Later on if you need to put it to use you'll always have it readily available. If you're going to lower it and want comfort and awesome handling later, do it right the first time so you won't waste time and money. KW v3 FTW! ... I have some and they are awesome btw.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by tudernos,Feb 21 2008, 08:02 PM
It wouldn't be a waste of money if you spend the money now on a nice set of coilovers. Later on if you need to put it to use you'll always have it readily available. If you're going to lower it and want comfort and awesome handling later, do it right the first time so you won't waste time and money. KW v3 FTW! ... I have some and they are awesome btw.
Trying to think.. I think i'm just going to be the person for comfort and everyday drivin .. I don't think i'm goin to try any of the drifting or stuff lol.. I'm like a grl with the car lol...

Well what's the best spring kit?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:28 PM

Will the Eibach Pro Kit 00-06 fit on my 2007 ?

Also is there a website that everyone get's there sus that's good and cheap?

Thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had Eibachs on stock shocks, then I changed to Bilstein PSS9. The PSS9 definitely handles better and rides better too. Plus, you can adjust the ride height and dampening. The PSS9 is a great street setup for this car.

If you're going to be doing more than a handful of track days a year then something stiffer would give you faster lap times... at the expense of being harsher on the street.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by s2ka,Feb 21 2008, 10:48 PM
I had Eibachs on stock shocks, then I changed to Bilstein PSS9. The PSS9 definitely handles better and rides better too. Plus, you can adjust the ride height and dampening. The PSS9 is a great street setup for this car.

If you're going to be doing more than a handful of track days a year then something stiffer would give you faster lap times... at the expense of being harsher on the street.
I might go to the track maybe ones...

Best for me is Comfort/ride and for the streets bec, I put alot of miles on the car. and something that's going to ride like stock or even better lol...

Bilstein PSS9 is a coilover

Is it worth for me to spend say $1,500 to $2,000 or you think spendin say $250 is fine for what i'm lookin for?

Thankssss

Quick Reply: what Suspension setup should I do?