S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Yonaka Coilovers Installed

Old 07-21-2012, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yonaka Coilovers Installed

Good afternoon S2ki, Heres another option in the coilover market!

Well let me first say today has been a long day due to work (i am a tech by trade for Nissan, and just issues with the car all in all lately)

I got these from http://www.yonaka.com/ directly as far as i know its the first set being installed on an s2000,i have heard nothing but good things from them in my recent searches online before taking them up on their offer. First unboxing of them very nice quaility 32 way, nice dust boot, just good attention to detail on them all and all from what i see and have seen on the numerous sets of coilovers i've installed over the years.

This is taken from their website for spring rates and features

Yonaka Motorsports is proud to introduce our all new SPEC II (TC2) coilover set for the 2000-2009 Honda S2000 with 32 way fully adjustable dampening, Designed with the advanced street driver or track day in mind, the Spec II TC2 is specifically engineered to accommodate even the most intense driving styles.
Featuring:

•32 Level Fully Adjustable Dampening
•All Aluminum Upper Mounts
•0-4" Height adjustment
•Fully threaded dual tube advanced shock absorber
• Inner bump stop to prevent damage cause by rapid compression impacts
• Wide range of height adjustment without changing the spring compression.

•Bottom of the shock is threaded to allow height adjustments without having to shorten the suspension travel
•Rubber dust shield protecting piston for long life
•Adjustment tools included
•1 year warranty against factory defects

Spring rates are as follows:
Front springs: 12kg
Rear springs: 10kg

now let me first say i do NOT have the car done yet, i am not driving it yet it is still off the road sitting right behind me on a lift at work i have the coilovers on the fronts are where they need to be roughly may come down another half inch.

I appologize for lacking a picture of unboxing them, i took one but it didn't come out for some reason, The packing was good as most coilovers are large box wieghing about 40 pounds all 4 wrapped up in their own little bubble no chance to dent and mess up the finish on them, when i threw them on the car install was a breeze (as with most coilovers honestly) the adjustments are great smooth finish on the threads (unlike some of the other entry level coilovers ie: megan, function over form [have had nothing but issues with those]) I will be driving the car agian next week i will update on how i dial the ride in with the adjustments and overall handeling of the system. From what i see thus far for the price MSRP being $1,099.

I'm very happy with these thus far (not having been driven yet) and overall initial quality i will be finishing up tomorrow i'll be coming in and unlocking the shop to readjust the rears and then do an alignment on it i will blast it up the road once or twice as long as its not raining here tomorrow to see how they ride real quick. I would love to finish it today but i'm just too exhausted been a busy day at the shop and i'm ready to rest in general

On to the pictures:

before throwing the fronts on
Name:  IMAG0380.jpg
Views: 2571
Size:  67.8 KB

top view
Name:  IMAG0383.jpg
Views: 2444
Size:  119.9 KB

front installed
Name:  IMAG0382.jpg
Views: 2365
Size:  95.2 KB

front ride height
Name:  IMG_20120721_173706.jpg
Views: 2477
Size:  101.0 KB

If anyone of you would like other pictures i WILL take them apart agian to take what you would like to see. I'll answer any questions comments or concerns on what you may have, Always remember you can never have too many options for coilovers esspecially in the street market as i havn't seen megan and f&f hold up that well (thats my personal experiance)
Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. Except I have around 37k miles on my Megan track series and they are holding up great. Wasnt my first choice in 1 peices but they have been good to me. Maybe I got lucky?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

hm, never even heard of them, can't wait to see the review of them in action

can't wait to get my coils and write a mini review of the FA 500 v4
Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 AM

Hey....

Interested in the review.

One thing that I question though.....why is a company who makes coilovers/shocks...etc, refering to dampening? Could be a lot of reasons, but the first thing it makes me think of is some re-branded coils from China.

I hope they perform well for you, and not knocking you or them. I know when I was shopping for coilovers, trying to sort through all the info was daunting. At the end of the day, I got a good deal on some KWv3s...and am happy with that. Trying to find a well built coilover that performs well for around $1k seemed pretty hit and miss to me. I'd be lots of folks will be interested in a through review.

take care....
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am aware of the possibilities of where they are sourced from, but i can't beat the deal i got, at face value of the coils they look great, From what i have heard from Brian Fox (fox marketing) he loved how they rode and performed on his old lexus and has been using them on most projects. Only time will tell, the one thing i can say is that with my poor experiances from other manufacuers i did want to try something else. This is for street use as this car won't see much track duty i just love convertibles and peppy cars, for track duty i have another project. like i said only time will tell. I didn't make it in to work yesterday was too busy with house stuff before i move. I should have them done and take a quick trip up the road today.

Again not bashing other manufacuers just my personal experiance with the aformentioned companies i don't want to go through it agian, can't hurt for more options in the 1k range
Old 07-27-2012, 12:57 PM

looks good so far
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Ive been slammed on these for about a month. Theyre wonderful haven't had any complains. Easy to install and easy to adjust. I'm currently as low as I can go without surfing the asphalt lol Name:  DSC00743.jpg
Views: 2552
Size:  437.0 KB Name:  DSC00753.jpg
Views: 2363
Size:  369.4 KBName:  DSC00741.jpg
Views: 2163
Size:  364.8 KB
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 AM

deathstar, u still able to go lower? on the damping setting knob, do they click when u turn the adjustment knob? how is the ride?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM

I'm pretty sure I seen these on eBay not too long ago for around the same price as megans.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:30 AM

I still got a good 2inches. Its just 1inch lower n my underbody scrapes n mt tires wont clear the front fenders. N yes it clicks when u adjust it. Rides like stock not bouncy and stiffer around corners. I love em for the price and how they feel. I was on lowering springs before abd this was a big improvement as far as both cosmetic n performance.

Quick Reply: Yonaka Coilovers Installed