S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Add Stereo to Delete CR

Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Honda has the weight difference in the a/c & radio version CR versus the delete CR at 42 pounds, I guess every pound counts.

What is the weight of the CR?
Answer--> 2,765 lb (1,254 kg)(without hardtop)
............... 2,813 lb (1,276 kg)(with hardtop)
............... 2,855 lb (1,295 kg)(with hardtop + audio + AC)
............... Weight of standard MY08 & MY09 s2000, 2,864 lb (1,299 kg)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will never do an easier audio install than on a car that never came with audio! I installed an aftermarket head unit and component speakers into my delete model and it was a piece of cake compared to any other audio install I have done. There is nothing better than opening that screen door and seeing ZERO wiring in the way.

Tricky part with any aftermarket speakers is making sure they will fit in the limited mounting space but I fit mine in there without too much difficulty, add spacers if necessary.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am definitely doing the radio and a/c delete, so if it helps you (OP) to see the process happening in reverse, let me know. I will start once I get time beginning in about a week. I ordered the CR delete serpentine belt, and have all the instructions and what not to perform the task. Getting the AC purged this week.

For competition purposes, in STR (autocross), the top like five guys were within about a tenth of a second and the winning car was a CR delete, so I think he felt the 42 lbs was worth it.

The early AP1s are basically just as light at the CR though...
Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I didn't think you could remove parts (radio/aircond) legally in STR?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by #172CR
Matt,

People have added it into the delete models, however all the necessary wiring is not present. The installation isn't too demanding though. The toughest part is getting the speaker wire from the doors into the cabin (it just takes time).

Once those are in, just constant power, accessory power and ground and you're set. Pretty straight forward.

-Ira
Just bought a CR that had the delete option but the previous owner added a JVC system which I want to remove. The unit does not fit properly so the door
will not stay closed. Looking for pictures of what the delete option should have looked like. Read somewhere that, with the delete option, the cover should
not open but want to verify that info. Would be a great place to have just an insert that would hold sunglasses or other small items.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
I didn't think you could remove parts (radio/aircond) legally in STR?
LOL. You can't. But you can convert between models (such as delete to non-delete, but not non-CR to CR). This is a stock rule, and stock rules are incorporated into STR unless specifically prohibited. For example, the BS champion in 2011 had a CR converted delete as did the STR champion.

I don't suggest that I can achieve their successes, but like the dude who sucks at golf but has the Tiger Woods golf bag and shoes....

I'm not horrible.... just have room to continue improving... that's it
Old 12-13-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by f1fan
Originally Posted by #172CR' timestamp='1323073374' post='21211001
Matt,People have added it into the delete models, however all the necessary wiring is not present. The installation isn't too demanding though. The toughest part is getting the speaker wire from the doors into the cabin (it just takes time).Once those are in, just constant power, accessory power and ground and you're set. Pretty straight forward.-Ira
Just bought a CR that had the delete option but the previous owner added a JVC system which I want to remove. The unit does not fit properly so the doorwill not stay closed. Looking for pictures of what the delete option should have looked like. Read somewhere that, with the delete option, the cover shouldnot open but want to verify that info. Would be a great place to have just an insert that would hold sunglasses or other small items.
Fifan, you are correct in your assumption that the delete CR's radio door is fixed and will not open.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Go2

Originally Posted by f1fan
Originally Posted by #172CR' timestamp='1323073374' post='21211001
Matt,

People have added it into the delete models, however all the necessary wiring is not present. The installation isn't too demanding though. The toughest part is getting the speaker wire from the doors into the cabin (it just takes time).

Once those are in, just constant power, accessory power and ground and you're set. Pretty straight forward.

-Ira
Just bought a CR that had the delete option but the previous owner added a JVC system which I want to remove. The unit does not fit properly so the door
will not stay closed. Looking for pictures of what the delete option should have looked like. Read somewhere that, with the delete option, the cover should
not open but want to verify that info. Would be a great place to have just an insert that would hold sunglasses or other small items.
Does it have the springs? This might help too
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sfrx1RsNiXs
Old 12-14-2011, 09:37 AM

The delete CR radio door is held in place by two set screws from behind. If you remove the screws it opens with the same hinge system, however it does not have the retainer clips to hold it in place when closed. Since I have a nice aftermarket deck and not some plain jane stock deck I just leave the door open anyways. Plus I think I would find it a pain to have to keep flipping the door down everytime you want to change any settings (remember there are also no audio controls near the steering wheel with the delete model)
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM

Thank you for the info. Everyone on this forum has been extremely helpful with my questions.

Quick Reply: Add Stereo to Delete CR