S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Anyone runing a BBK kit on the front

Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone runing a BBK kit on the front

I am currently looking at purchasing the Stop tech BBK 328mm for the front of my CR to help with heavy braking tracks. Just wanted to see if anyone else was using stop tech, wilwood, brembo, etc... or what kits they might have. Also what wheels you might be running to clear these.

p.s. I have already been in the stop tech section and looked at some of the wheels others have ran.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
I am currently looking at purchasing the Stop tech BBK 328mm for the front of my CR to help with heavy braking tracks. Just wanted to see if anyone else was using stop tech, wilwood, brembo, etc... or what kits they might have. Also what wheels you might be running to clear these.

p.s. I have already been in the stop tech section and looked at some of the wheels others have ran.

Thanks
What wheels are you planning to run? If you want something safe and relatively inexpensive, get the TSW Nurburgring wheels. They should clear the Stoptech BBKs no problem. If you want something cooler, then you're going to have to list the wheels out and sizes you're willing to run.

Stoptech is one of the best for the money It's what I want to get in the future if I start destroying rotors like psychoazn.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 AM

not a fan of TSW to heavy in my opinion. The problem seems to be clearing the calipers on the front and I don't feel like spending $$$$$ on volks, advans, or wedsports. I am looking at PF01's right now, not sure if I like the look, but great price for a track wheel.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Biohazard
not a fan of TSW to heavy in my opinion. The problem seems to be clearing the calipers on the front and I don't feel like spending $$$$$ on volks, advans, or wedsports. I am looking at PF01's right now, not sure if I like the look, but great price for a track wheel.
To be honest, you'll be okay if you're running staggered wheels/tires on stock brakes. It's really an issue when you run non-stag and you have a ton more grip up front which allows you to be heavier and later on the brakes. That's really only the benefits of running a BBK as it'll help dissipate the heat better and provide better/even clamping power. If you can't afford $$$$ on a BBK, then you won't have to spend $$$$ for wheels I want to run a BBK, but that's $$$$ + new wheels to clear BBK is $$$$ + rape my fenders $$$.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM

Or just buy new fenders, but that is $$$ lol
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM

I can afford all the above, it is in regards to a wheel that can fit over stoptech calipers. One of the tracks I frequent is Road Atlanta (the elevations changes are crazy) and upgrading to better calipers and rotors along with pads is highly suggested. I have warped my rotors before on this track with my other car and I was using brembo blank rotors, oem calipers, track pads, ss lines, and motul fluid. this isn't my first time tracking lol, but this is my first s2000. There is alot of aggressive braking on this course especialy going down the back straight into turn 10a and b where you are coming down hill and stopping from 130+ down to around 40 to go through the S's. You can get away with your suggestions of oem with better pads but maybe 1 or 2 track days, it will eventually eat you alive.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RA sounds similar to ACS in terms or braking. I can't imagine how C&D does their lightning lap there. Every car they test would fade the brakes before they even make it through the first real braking zone.

Bio, have you cracked rotors yet?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:16 PM

nope not yet, and not going to wait and see, lol
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Every brake kit manufacturer can supply you a caliper clearance shit to help determine wheel clearances. PM me if you need help.