S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Clear bra on your CR

Old 08-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clear bra on your CR

Looking into putting a paint protection for my CR. Anyone has any suggestion on what to get? If you have have a paint protection, can you post a picture. Did you put it on yourself, or hire someone else?

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tpolonyi
Looking into putting a paint protection for my CR. Anyone has any suggestion on what to get? If you have have a paint protection, can you post a picture. Did you put it on yourself, or hire someone else?

Thanks.

I've sent you a PM:
http://detailingdynamics.com/detaili...tion-film/1145
In my opinion, it is a "must" investment for any s2000. But the quality of the installer is critical. Go into their garage and ask to see pictures and cars they are working on. Detailing Dynamic's (Mineola, NY) garage is always full of exotics getting the 3M Clear Bra done there. They rarely have to advertise because most of the business come from referrals. Research, research, research...
Old 08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Go2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately do your homework. I bought my CR with 3M already on. Over the last 3 weeks of many washes, waxes, etc I have noticed imperfections in a few areas. Whether they occured from the intaller or the previous owner I'm unsure of. Hope I dont have to have it removed and have another kit installed . Good luck with your search and Welcome to the ABP Family!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

These products have an approximate lifetime of five years. The amount of time the car sits in the sun can affect the appearance of the film. Crazing at the seams, severe angles is not uncommon. I had the 3m "Invisibra" product put on the BB CR I just purchased and I'm very happy with the install. I went with 2/3 of the hood, the front, lower fenders,mirrors, door sills and latch cups.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See all the random pics of my car floating around. I've had a clear bra on my car since day 1.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:15 PM

I covered most of the car with 3M ventureshield recently. The whole front bumper, entire hood, fenders, doors (up until the crease), area under the doors, headlights, mirrors, tips of the wing, and behind the rear wheels. There are a couple area's coming up, but 3M warranties it and lets you take the car into any dealer to have it replaced for 5 years.

I waited about 7000 miles before putting it on and wish I did it from day one.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

my car also came with the clear bra. can you remove this without doing any harm to the paint underneath?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM

^ off topic but were u on 8th street by normandie during the lunch time on Monday? I think I saw ypu

I was in my friends SUV btw
Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
my car also came with the clear bra. can you remove this without doing any harm to the paint underneath?
While not extremely easy, it does come off. There will either be a little or a fair amount of residue left on the surface. A light use of 3M adhesive remover and a clay bar and it comes off. Then wash and refinish surface.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've sent you a PM:
http://detailingdyna...ction-film/1145
In my opinion, it is a "must" investment for any s2000. But the quality of the installer is critical. Go into their garage and ask to see pictures and cars they are working on. Detailing Dynamic's (Mineola, NY) garage is always full of exotics getting the 3M Clear Bra done there. They rarely have to advertise because most of the business come from referrals. Research, research, research...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im thinking about taking it up to New York. The only thing stopping me is the distance. Its about 2 hours drive on the Garden State, Im afraid I will put some chip on the bumper getting there. lol...

I found one close to the house, it called ---> www.autoimage.com

Anybody have heard of these guys? They suppose to have five location in Jersey.

Quick Reply: Clear bra on your CR