S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Clear bra on your CR

Old 08-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tpolonyi
I've sent you a PM:
http://detailingdyna...ction-film/1145
In my opinion, it is a "must" investment for any s2000. But the quality of the installer is critical. Go into their garage and ask to see pictures and cars they are working on. Detailing Dynamic's (Mineola, NY) garage is always full of exotics getting the 3M Clear Bra done there. They rarely have to advertise because most of the business come from referrals. Research, research, research...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im thinking about taking it up to New York. The only thing stopping me is the distance. Its about 2 hours drive on the Garden State, Im afraid I will put some chip on the bumper getting there. lol...

I found one close to the house, it called ---> www.autoimage.com

Anybody have heard of these guys? They suppose to have five location in Jersey.

I am not familiar with autoimage. I also have nearly a 2hr drive to Detailing Dynamics. For me, having seen the end result of their work in 3 of my cars, it's certainly worth the drive. I took an early morning drive with low traffic and kept my distance from cars/trucks on the highway. I left my car there for 2 days. When I returned to pick it up, it was garaged with their special high end cars being serviced: 3 GT3s, a Ferrari California, a V10 R8, GTR (who had just won the bullrun) and a beautiful F40...I wish I had taken pictures. This is the only place I would ever leave my car overnight. They recommend taking a bottle of touch up paint in case anything needs to be touched up before applying the film. Another plus about Detailing Dynamics, besides their reputation and experience, is the fact that they do not use pre-cut kits. They customize film as they apply it on your car. Example: The film wraps under the hood. The pre-cut kits have more lines and are not as seamless to the naked eye. Again, I cannot guarantee their work and am in no way affiliated with them. I can only speak based on my experience and am happy to share this feedback with anyone who asks. Definitely worth a 2 hour drive for me. I found a testimonies page on their website from 6 speedonline: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/g...my-997gt3.html
Good luck.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by tpolonyi
I've sent you a PM:
http://detailingdyna...ction-film/1145
In my opinion, it is a "must" investment for any s2000. But the quality of the installer is critical. Go into their garage and ask to see pictures and cars they are working on. Detailing Dynamic's (Mineola, NY) garage is always full of exotics getting the 3M Clear Bra done there. They rarely have to advertise because most of the business come from referrals. Research, research, research...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im thinking about taking it up to New York. The only thing stopping me is the distance. Its about 2 hours drive on the Garden State, Im afraid I will put some chip on the bumper getting there. lol...

When i picked up my car, i painters taped the whole front of the car and the side mirrors. Drove it back home 2.5 hours.. then another 45 minutes the following day to the detail shop... It look so funny but surprisingly, painters tape isn't that far off from apex blue so it didn't bother me too much
I have 3m on my car... definitely would recommend it..

Oh, and if you want to be picky, I'd request that they put a little strip under your door handles.. My berlina ap2 got beat up under the handles... (girls have nails)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not a bad idea. I like it. That could be one of my option.